SHUTTLES ON BRASSTOWN BALD

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by psycholist, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    For any of you who will have the good fortune to be able to attend the Tour
    de Georgia stage that finishes atop Brasstown Bald, I've found the answer to
    the question I posed in my earlier post. I've spoken with an official of
    the TdG and he's told me the mountain will be closed to traffic at the
    bottom and there will be shuttles to ferry people up the mountain! The
    shuttles will be free of charge. Spectators are encouraged to SHOW UP
    EARLY! (The stage is estimated to finish between 2:30 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.)

    Hooray and kudos to the TdG!

    Oh, and if you haven't heard yet, Super Mario will be racing the TdG (though
    we won't be looking for him atop Brasstown Bald).

    Bob C.

    Tags:

  2. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For any of you who will have the good fortune to be able to attend the

    Tour
    > de Georgia stage that finishes atop Brasstown Bald, I've found the answer

    > the question I posed in my earlier post. I've spoken with an official of
    > the TdG and he's told me the mountain will be closed to traffic at the
    > bottom and there will be shuttles to ferry people up the mountain! The
    > shuttles will be free of charge. Spectators are encouraged to SHOW UP
    > EARLY! (The stage is estimated to finish between 2:30 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.)
    >
    > Hooray and kudos to the TdG!
    >
    > Oh, and if you haven't heard yet, Super Mario will be racing the TdG

    (though
    > we won't be looking for him atop Brasstown Bald).
    >
    > Bob C.

    I've received a bit more information on the shuttle service. The actual
    climb up the mountain is called the "180 Spur." As one might assume, it's a
    spur off of Hwy. 180. Spectators are to park along Hwy. 180 as near to the
    Spur as possible. Apparently there's some sort of shooting range along 180
    that has open fields that will also be available for parking. The shuttles
    will travel along 180 and to the shooting range to pick people up.

    Shuttles will take people up the mountain starting as early as 8:00 a.m.
    The service will take people back down through 6:00 p.m.

    FYI,
    Bob C.