Sick of the "they knew the risk" remark

FredC said:
I've drawn a line in he sand over that. Thanks anyway.
It would have been her 85th birthday today, and she's been dead for 5 years.
I am being very sincere in this and I hope you believe it when I say I am sorry for your loss. I retract aforementioned comments about your mum. My apologies.

birdman23 said:
Tell you what, I've obviously offended you and I am Ok with that. As mentioned previously you have taken shots at me before with no justification. For example, I would be involved in a post with someone (NOT YOU) about a pleasant looking female cyclist and you would pop off about "hamshanking" and other juvenile activities. I chose to ignore you in fact I tried to establish some commonality with you.
I am not the only one has been targeted by your forked tongue. You do this quite often with many forum members and frankly I got a little sick of it. Maybe we should start a poll about people's opinions of FredC. Would you really like to see the results? You forced me to draw a line in the sand first pal and you have felt the aftershock.

Now we can continue slurring one another (which I am OK with because so far you haven't proven to be a very worthy foe) or I am offering a cease fire. You choose.
Read my edit in the previous message.
You haven't offended me one bit by the way.
We have a bit of fun having a pop at each other in this section.
I do not speak with forked tongue as I am consistent in my views, whether you like them or not. Now why don't you PM the poster you wish to share a particular discourse with, a bit like a pen pal shall we say.
Start a poll if you like, but really there aren't enough active posters on this Soapbox section to make a realistic outcome, because you will keep banging in the votes, a bit like Bush in Ohio.
If you think that the 'aftershock' as you tenuously call it affects me, then think again, because it's like water of a donkeys back, you have to wash them first, they tend to be a bit smelly. Didn't you land on their hindquarters to feed on the flies and ticks?
I don't want a cease fire, thank you all the same.
As for your query about how to deal with me, it is not on this Cyclingforums site. It is archived on google under a different handle. Don't bother looking unless you know a lot more than I give you credit for.

birdman23 said:
I am being very sincere in this and I hope you believe it when I say I am sorry for your loss. I retract aforementioned comments about your mum. My apologies.
Apologies accepted, how were you to know that. As far as I am concerned that is one of the Rules of engagement protocol on MB's. We can **** each other off, but because we don't know the posters parental and family backgrounds it is best left out of it, as situations are many and varied. Although I did make an exception of Weisse Luft as he purported to be an ardent follower of Judism. His
comments led me to believe that he was not all that he stood for, and he eventually admitted it. However, if you read my posts to him you will find that I am disgusted by some of his relations not to furnish him with genealogical data that he wishes to know and compile, and I sympathise with him. As for his crappy postings I'll still **** them.
Game on. Normal service is resumed.

Bikerman2004 said:
Who is 'we'?

I don't think Zap's atlas has Lybia in it. The only concept you understand is to frame every argument into the US vs Europe.

Don't forget to send Mountain Pro - a private message, Bikerman.

MountainPro said:
there are no facts here that can be indepentantly proven. They are not compared with the stats from any other country, all we have are vague statements like "The United States experiences more severe weather than anywhere else in the world."

its easy to state that but YOU have no facts to back that up. You keep asking me but where are yours?

i dont buy this USA having the most extreme weather thing at all. As i said before you just complain about its a whole lot louder than enyone else and are beginning to convince yourself.

If you are going to talk about the number of thunderstorms etc. you have a year then please at least compare this alongside the stats from other countries such as China, Aus, Russia etc...i dont think the US is that unique.

Exactly.

It is a study confined to the USA.
In fact, it is a study confined to given weather types within the USA.

It is irrelevant.

Sorry, I'll retract that - it is relevant to the USA, and no where else in the world.

MountainPro said:
i dont see why it is weak, i am returning back to the original argument so that people dont lose sight of Zappers original ridiculous claims..
For fecks sake get Father Jack back on, or Bishop Brennan.

limerickman said:
As you're criticising peoples spelling - ..Einstein.
thats about all zapper can manage these days...every word is analysed (< spelled correctly btw) and re-analysed and put through the spell check so that is all else fails (and it usually does) he can pick you up on your typos...

sad really....

so Zap, when i am in Calif this year, should i expect -50C temperatures? 200mph winds? 40 feet of snow?

or shall it be a gentle and moderately warm climate with a soft sea breeze?

i'll get my seal fur jacket, snow boots and sledge...

it beats me why Amundsen was so determined to get to the south pole...he should have been on the first plane to Florida, that would have been a real challenge for his team of hardy Antarctic explorers instead of the comparable tropical warmth of the polar ice caps.

MountainPro said:
it beats me why Amundsen was so determined to get to the south pole...he should have been on the first plane to Florida, that would have been a real challenge for his team of hardy Antarctic explorers instead of the comparable tropical warmth of the polar ice caps.

Shackleton and Scott - got their co-ordinates wrong too.
Instead of crossing the polar glaziers, they should have been heading for Miami !
(Then again, only the USA is affected by weather - morons).

limerickman said:
Shackleton and Scott - got their co-ordinates wrong too.
Instead of crossing the polar glaziers, they should have been heading for Miami !
(Then again, only the USA is affected by weather - morons).
Florida is one thing but it would be utter suicide to head for Miami...your being ridiculous now lim, the center of the earths most extreme weather?

if they did head into the maelstrom that is downtown Miami then these men would have been true heroes, thier name liveth on for ever more...such courage.

limerickman said:
As you're criticising peoples spelling - it's Nicklaus, not Nicholas, Einstein.
Hey green hornet, names have varied spellings and countries do not so yes I goofed ..Second, I didn't commit the typo multiple times and lastly I'll take the hit and I'm not going to blame it on a website...

zapper said:
Hey green hornet, names have varied spellings and countries do not so yes I goofed ..Second, I didn't commit the typo multiple times and lastly I'll take the hit and I'm not going to blame it on a website...

I do not have any facts or figures but you may want to equate severe weather patterns to the population affected rather than just geographical locations.
Not many people resided at the South Pole. Just a thought!

jhuskey said:
I do not have any facts or figures but you may want to equate severe weather patterns to the population affected rather than just geographical locations.
Not many people resided at the South Pole. Just a thought!
cheers Mr Huskey,
this doesnt concern how many are people affected (unless Zap wants to throw that late goal into the net)

this is about the usa having 'the harshest weather in the world', thats the original argument. people being affected is irrelevant to tempratures, windspeed, precipitation etc..and how these stats compare to other contries...

he still hasnt come up with anything concrete yet..

MountainPro said:
thats about all zapper can manage these days...every word is analysed (< spelled correctly btw) and re-analysed and put through the spell check so that is all else fails (and it usually does) he can pick you up on your typos...sad really....
Actually I thought it was funny.

Let me see...
MountainPro said:
"gather some facts and i'll surmise your conclusions later"..
This is what you said you were going to do...

And this is all you could come up with....Look I'm going to say this one last time...AVERAGEI've said too many times as well that it is of no prestige to live in a country that experiences the harshest weather on average than any other country but it is a fact. One that you nor your lucky leprechaun friend has been able to refute. The only evidence you provide is your opinion...."This is obviously a U.S. conspiracy to claim world severe weather dominance!" "I offer as exhibit A this eurowebsite that clearly states that Dublin received 33 inches of rain in one year"...
Get real......

so Zap, when i am in Calif this year, should i expect -50C temperatures? 200mph winds? 40 feet of snow?

Oh yeah this evidence is quite convincing.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MountainPro said:

zapper said:
Oh yeah this evidence is quite convincing.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
this is close to the average winter climate in Antarctica....now please answer where..WHERE??????? in the states does this weather constitute the AVERAGE???

Phoenix? Boston? Seattle?....please show me where...!

MountainPro said:
this is close to the average winter climate in Antarctica....now please answer where..WHERE??????? in the states does this weather constitute the AVERAGE???

I know you know how to read...Lay off the drugs for minute and think about what you just posted...Where you ask?...THE UNITED STATES...Not a city within the united states...Dude, you are hurtin...

MountainPro said:

I think I have to side w/ Zap on this one. The U.S. has the most extreme weather of any inhabited nation. High winds-Mount Washington (world record wind speed) Death Valley (world record high temp-2nd place), avg. # of hurricanes, avg. # of tornadoe's, mudslides, ect...