Sick of the "they knew the risk" remark

Scotty_Dog said:
Zapper, I have never expressed any opinion about Bush on this forum.

Regarding Cdaleguy, he stated many moons ago that he dealt with "rentals" in the real estate profession. I imagine that means placing renters, rent collections, etc., not materials and/or methods of construction. A GC he is not.

I'm just happy that he finally figured out how to size a bike.:D
I am sorry..you are correct...I was thinking of someone else..

I've only seen him identify himself as a real estate "professional"...However what you say would make sense because he certainly doesn't know the difference between manufactured, modular nor is he aware of current construction trends which are moving toward modular...or partial modular...

How did he get sized for that 50 lb huffy anyway?

Don't you have some poor, white trash to rip off? Tax season usually means "triple your tax refund as a downpayment" for you "modular people" doesn't it? Something just dawned on me. You're the guy that drives that little truck with the flags on it, hazard lights flashing.....with that "modular home" being hauled behind you, aren't you?

zapper said:
I am sorry..you are correct...I was thinking of someone else..

I've only seen him identify himself as a real estate "professional"...However what you say would make sense because he certainly doesn't know the difference between manufactured, modular nor is he aware of current construction trends which are moving toward modular...or partial modular...

How did he get sized for that 50 lb huffy anyway?

cdaleguy said:
Don't you have some poor, white trash to rip off? Tax season usually means "triple your tax refund as a downpayment" for you "modular people" doesn't it? Something just dawned on me. You're the guy that drives that little truck with the flags on it, hazard lights flashing.....with that "modular home" being hauled behind you, aren't you?
Look Rocky, don't worry I'm not about to approach your clientele...They couldn't afford a MODULAR home you clown...Prior to inserting your bright red "converse" chuck Taylor specials into your pie hole again...I suggest you do a little research. BTW toying with you and your complete lack of knowledge of your profession is fun but I grow tired of envisioning you dancing around on one foot while trying to pull it out of your mouth...Hey aren't you supposed to be collecting rent from goober right now?

zapper said:
Look Rocky, don't worry I'm not about to approach your clientele...They couldn't afford a MODULAR home you clown...Prior to inserting your bright red "converse" chuck Taylor specials into your pie hole again...I suggest you do a little research. BTW toying with you and your complete lack of knowledge of your profession is fun but I grow tired of envisioning you dancing around on one foot while trying to pull it out of your mouth...Hey aren't you supposed to be collecting rent from goober right now?
who gives a feck about real estate...they are all a bunch of criminals anyway.

MountainPro said:
who gives a feck about real estate...they are all a bunch of criminals anyway.
Yeah...some are. especially this guy who is ripping off his clients...Those poor saps are certainly not getting their monies worth with this guy...

But they certainly are with you selling them a paper mache modular home though, right? It's tax season, shouldn't you be busier? You sure do post a lot.

And (mountainpro) why are "they just a bunch of criminals, anyway" ?

zapper said:
Yeah...some are. especially this guy who is ripping off his clients...Those poor saps are certainly not getting their monies worth with this guy...

cdaleguy said:
And (mountainpro) why are "they just a bunch of criminals, anyway" ?
i am not talking about anyone in particular...just the real estate agents in general. The fees they charge over here are criminal compared to the amount of work involved in securing these fees.

i dont know what you charge over there but 5% of the final sale value is pretty shocking.

I agree 100%. The fee here is 6%. It's outrageous. This is why I haven't obtained my license yet. I don't agree with what they make versus what they do either. You've gotta be kidding me. You show a house and make at least 1/2 the 5 or 6 %. That's ridiculous. I manage properties and, believe me, we earn OUR money.

MountainPro said:
i am not talking about anyone in particular...just the real estate agents in general. The fees they charge over here are criminal compared to the amount of work involved in securing these fees.

i dont know what you charge over there but 5% of the final sale value is pretty shocking.

cdaleguy said:
But they certainly are with you selling them a paper mache modular home though, right? It's tax season, shouldn't you be busier? You sure do post a lot.
Yes I'll put my paper 'mache" is it?...against your high quality depression era home sittin on piece of concrete any day...

You still haven't learned anything, what a surprise. :rolleyes:

cdaleguy said:
I agree 100%. The fee here is 6%. It's outrageous. This is why I haven't obtained my license yet. I don't agree with what they make versus what they do either. You've gotta be kidding me. You show a house and make at least 1/2 the 5 or 6 %. That's ridiculous. I manage properties and, believe me, we earn OUR money.
Look slum lord, I really believe that one…”oh, yeah, that’s why I haven’t obtained my license yet because I think the 6% fee is outrageous”…LOL.You are killing me…No, the reason you haven’t “obtained” your license yet is because…AYou don’t know the difference between manufactured, modular or stick built…BYou think that a concrete slab is a superior form of foundation. and C You haven’t even studied for it for if you did you would have known the answer to A and B above… So tell me are you a CPM or did you just buy a few broken down houses in petticoat junction?

Thanks for the laugh…this post was your best yet!…..hahahaha Excuse me, I don’t want to be a realtor because they make too much money and don’t work hard enough for it..hahahahah PMUOTF…hahahah

cdaleguy said:
I am sick of the "they knew the risk" while talking about US soldiers, now in a war zone. I for one (when I joined the Army Ntl Guard) didn't even THINK of the possibility of "going to war." All I knew was that I got $*** a month for putting on some silly uniform and acting like a "soldier." I didn't think of war and would be willing to bet that the majority of the enlisted today "thought of war" when they signed up. Hell, my experience with the military (personnel) is that they probably are not capable of projecting out in to the future possibilities. The military is a joke and the majority of the "soldiers" in the military are a joke. They honestly have a lower i.q. than the means....or maybe not....come to think of it, the majority of people ARE stupid, so maybe they (soldiers) are right at the mean.
I don't care much for 99% of this thread with its personal attacks and silly bickering but I have to respond to this original comment. First of all, I ride road, and love my c-dale (had to throw that in since this is a cycling forum after all). Second of all, I'm in my 9th year of active service in the U.S. Army. My service includes overseas tours and 13 months in Iraq as well. I am a mature, well-adjusted family man of reasonable intelligence. I am a graduate of USMA and am currently completing a graduate degree at a top-five school. I beg to differ with the comments about intelligence and professionalism. Every organization in the WORLD makes mistakes, and the U.S. military is no different. Military units of all nations are a microcosm of the society and culture they serve. As such, they are not perfect - but do not tell me that we are not professional on the whole. I people with whom I have served are among the most professional idividuals I have come across in my life. I have served in combat with fellow U.S. soldiers obviously, but also with Brits - and they too are very professional. I have also had the opportunity to conduct extensive training with military units from Italy, Germany, Hungary, and Poland. They have all been professional, dedicated, and mature soldiers and I have the utmost respect for all of them. I am sure that they all had immature people among their ranks as well, but ANY organization will, military or not. And do you honestly suggest that no intelligent man or woman SHOULD sign up for military service? Where do you think the nations of the free world would be today without capable military institutions? My comrades and I do not serve because we thrive on violent conflict. Trust me, I would much rather have spent my year in Iraq at home with my wife and daughters. We serve because we understand the importance of this type of service to our nation. Do not mistake that to think we all believe in every policy or decision that our civilian leaders make. I have my own opinions, but they are of little consequence. It is not my concern beyond my ability to vote. My concern is only to ensure that we are able to fulfill our missions effectively, timely, and as safely as possible. Debate over political decisions is healthy and necessary for our leaders to make the correct decisions, but history has proven that a distinction between military and civilian leadership must be maintained. We stand ready to execute our nation's will, but it is up to all of us through the political process to steer our nation(s) in the direction we want.

In short, do not sling mud at those who sacrifice to protect you - and do not call them lazy or dumb. Rise above the fray and put some thought into your publicly displayed statements. I am modest. I by no means think I have the most important role in the world - but I do work to make a difference. I have complete respect for those who choose not to serve as well - as every meaningful job in the world has a particular and important purpose.

I am not asking you to feel sorry for me. I chose this life. I, however, DO feel sorry for you. Enough of this, I'm going out to log some miles! Ride on!

roadhog said:
I don't care much for 99% of this thread with its personal attacks and silly bickering but I have to respond to this original comment. First of all, I ride road, and love my c-dale (had to throw that in since this is a cycling forum after all). Second of all, I'm in my 9th year of active service in the U.S. Army. My service includes overseas tours and 13 months in Iraq as well. I am a mature, well-adjusted family man of reasonable intelligence. I am a graduate of USMA and am currently completing a graduate degree at a top-five school. I beg to differ with the comments about intelligence and professionalism. Every organization in the WORLD makes mistakes, and the U.S. military is no different. Military units of all nations are a microcosm of the society and culture they serve. As such, they are not perfect - but do not tell me that we are not professional on the whole. I people with whom I have served are among the most professional idividuals I have come across in my life. I have served in combat with fellow U.S. soldiers obviously, but also with Brits - and they too are very professional. I have also had the opportunity to conduct extensive training with military units from Italy, Germany, Hungary, and Poland. They have all been professional, dedicated, and mature soldiers and I have the utmost respect for all of them. I am sure that they all had immature people among their ranks as well, but ANY organization will, military or not. And do you honestly suggest that no intelligent man or woman SHOULD sign up for military service? Where do you think the nations of the free world would be today without capable military institutions? My comrades and I do not serve because we thrive on violent conflict. Trust me, I would much rather have spent my year in Iraq at home with my wife and daughters. We serve because we understand the importance of this type of service to our nation. Do not mistake that to think we all believe in every policy or decision that our civilian leaders make. I have my own opinions, but they are of little consequence. It is not my concern beyond my ability to vote. My concern is only to ensure that we are able to fulfill our missions effectively, timely, and as safely as possible. Debate over political decisions is healthy and necessary for our leaders to make the correct decisions, but history has proven that a distinction between military and civilian leadership must be maintained. We stand ready to execute our nation's will, but it is up to all of us through the political process to steer our nation(s) in the direction we want.

In short, do not sling mud at those who sacrifice to protect you - and do not call them lazy or dumb. Rise above the fray and put some thought into your publicly displayed statements. I am modest. I by no means think I have the most important role in the world - but I do work to make a difference. I have complete respect for those who choose not to serve as well - as every meaningful job in the world has a particular and important purpose.

I am not asking you to feel sorry for me. I chose this life. I, however, DO feel sorry for you. Enough of this, I'm going out to log some miles! Ride on!

This is a very enlightening post - from someone who has served in Iraq and
I would like to take the opportunity to ask you a few questions because you seem to be about the only one here who has had direct experience there.

How do you feel being sent to Iraq - to carry out a mission that was based on incorrect and manipulated intelligence ?
How do you feel about the cost of US service people killed in action, on that
faulty intelligence ?
Do you feel that the politicians made a mistake ?

As I say, you have direct experience of Iraq and the conflict - unlike everyone else here.
And it would be informative if we could hear the views of someone who has direct experience and not the views of the rest of us, who (thankfully) haven't had to go to Iraq.

limerickman said:
This is a very enlightening post - from someone who has served in Iraq and
I would like to take the opportunity to ask you a few questions because you seem to be about the only one here who has had direct experience there.

How do you feel being sent to Iraq - to carry out a mission that was based on incorrect and manipulated intelligence ?
faulty intelligence ?

As I say, you have direct experience of Iraq and the conflict - unlike everyone else here.
And it would be informative if we could hear the views of someone who has direct experience and not the views of the rest of us, who (thankfully) haven't had to go to Iraq.

I hate to tell you this Lem. but some of your remarks would be considered "Leading the Witness".

jhuskey said:
I hate to tell you this Lem. but some of your remarks would be considered "Leading the Witness".
That's an absolute firecracker Lord Justice Huskey. LOL

jhuskey said:

I take exception to this J.

As I recall Roadhog is the only person here who has actually served in Iraq.
We've had plenty of people claiming military experience - yet they have never
been in Iraq, unlike Roadhog.

I would be genuinely interested in hearing his view as to the veracity of the politicians who made the decision to go to war.
I don't think that this is an unfair question to ask.

[How do you feel being sent to Iraq - to carry out a mission that was based on incorrect and manipulated intelligence ?

Leading question!

faulty intelligence ?

Leading question!

This is a Validly phrased question!
I was not making light of your purpose just your phrasing. He may not have reached the same conclusion about the war that you have, therefore could not answer the questions without prejudice.

jhuskey said:
[How do you feel being sent to Iraq - to carry out a mission that was based on incorrect and manipulated intelligence ?

Leading question!

faulty intelligence ?

Leading question!

This is a Validly phrased question!
I was not making light of your purpose just your phrasing. He may not have reached the same conclusion about the war that you have, therefore could not answer the questions without prejudice.

The questions were not intended to be leading.
And I'd prefer not to get bogged down in the issue of whether or not the intelligence was faulty/doctored - if it prevents a person, who has served there, from answering, what was a genuine question.

In fact Roadhog hinted that not all of his fellow service people were happy with the decision or how the decision to go to war was arrived at, so in retrospect, I don't think I was being leading.

Anyhow, yourself and Fred C are the lawyers, and I'm only a layman.

So, let me rephrase the question to Roadhog - which hopefully he might answer :

How did it feel to be posted to Iraq ?
Did you feel that the politicians were mistaken in sending troops to Iraq, before you got there ?
After having been there, do you still agree with the decision to send troops
there ?

limerickman said:
The questions were not intended to be leading.
And I'd prefer not to get bogged down in the issue of whether or not the intelligence was faulty/doctored - if it prevents a person, who has served there, from answering, what was a genuine question.

In fact Roadhog hinted that not all of his fellow service people were happy with the decision or how the decision to go to war was arrived at, so in retrospect, I don't think I was being leading.

Anyhow, yourself and Fred C are the lawyers, and I'm only a layman.

So, let me rephrase the question to Roadhog - which hopefully he might answer :

How did it feel to be posted to Iraq ?
Did you feel that the politicians were mistaken in sending troops to Iraq, before you got there ?
After having been there, do you still agree with the decision to send troops
there ?
Come on Lim, I know that it would be interesting to know the answers, but it is a leading question that he will not even essay a response as is it is in complete cotravention of his oath and submission to his Military terms of employment and conduct. I have a good pal who was in 2Para in the Falklands and did Northern Ireland as well. He never says anything about it even when he's ******. Now wheres that Lyndie thing? She should know better after working in a poultry plant. What you do is hang the chickens upside down, pass them past a breast caress plate which calms them down. They are stunned by dipping their heads in an electrocuted water tank, slit their jugular, give them time to bleed out.
Next bit is dump them in a scalding tank, rub off all their feathers, suck their innards out, quick scald, and pack. Not a squawk out of them. Perhaps thongs don't work on chickens.
Do you want me to answer the questions that he won't?
1. It's my Job.
2. I'm in the US Army
3. I'm in the US Army
Please be seated. No further questions to the witness regarding the Official Secrets Act. There is to be no further inquisitions of this nature in this court.
Mr X is only here to defend his charge of reckless riding of a bicycle.
Do you accept the charge?............
Your alter ego is Roadhog, is that correct?
Do you think that with a name like that it justifies the charge laid before?......
I sentence you to a further 12 months of Community Sevice in Iraq.

FredC said:
Come on Lim, I know that it would be interesting to know the answers, but it is a leading question that he will not even essay a response as is it is in complete cotravention of his oath and submission to his Military terms of employment and conduct. I have a good pal who was in 2Para in the Falklands and did Northern Ireland as well. He never says anything about it even when he's ******. Now wheres that Lyndie thing? She should know better after working in a poultry plant. What you do is hang the chickens upside down, pass them past a breast caress plate which calms them down. They are stunned by dipping their heads in an electrocuted water tank, slit their jugular, give them time to bleed out.
Next bit is dump them in a scalding tank, rub off all their feathers, suck their innards out, quick scald, and pack. Not a squawk out of them. Perhaps thongs don't work on chickens.
Do you want me to answer the questions that he won't?
1. It's my Job.
2. I'm in the US Army
3. I'm in the US Army
Please be seated. No further questions to the witness regarding the Official Secrets Act. There is to be no further inquisitions of this nature in this court.
Mr X is only here to defend his charge of reckless riding of a bicycle.
Do you accept the charge?............
Your alter ego is Roadhog, is that correct?
Do you think that with a name like that it justifies the charge laid before?......
I sentence you to a further 12 months of Community Sevice in Iraq.

I thought that there was a bit of momentum and that at least we were going to hear from someone who was actually there.
Pity.

limerickman said:
I thought that there was a bit of momentum and that at least we were going to hear from someone who was actually there.
Pity.
I think that was about the limit of a legal submission in view of his Military status.