SID Identification & Tuning Question

Barry Croker

Guest
Looking for some help... I just acquired a used bike that has a SID Race on it. The bike is a 2002,
and was originally spec'd with a Manitou, so the SID was an afterthough by the previous owner. The
fork is labled "SID Race", it is electric blue with the matching blue crown, and has schrader valves
on the top and bottom of the left leg. However, the right leg has no "Climb-it control" lever on
top, nor adjustment knob on the bottom. Additionally, the sliders have a pewter-colored surface
treatment, not the ti-nitride gold coating.

Question 1: What is the model (and year?) of this fork? Is it an OEM fork? Question 2: As it came,
the fork tops out pretty bad when you compress and release quickly, as when hopping up a curb (much
like the old Judy-with-a-blown-damping-cartridge feel). How do I increase the rebound damping? The
only manual on the rockshox website says to turn the non-existant adjustment knob on the lower right
leg. Question 3: Can you retrofit the "Climb-it" control in some way?

Thanks in advance for your help. Barry

My guess (and only a guess) would be a 2001 Race and is a dual air fork (look for the serial
number), adjust the positive pressure first (top left leg) to set the sag and then adjust the neg.
pressure (bottom left) to give the ride characteristics you want (these things you probably
already know)

As for adding the climb it ... phone R/S tech and see what they say. If you want these features -
sell the Sid and buy what you want.

Steve

news:[email protected]...