Sid race, flex and leaking

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Simon Choppin, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Hiya, looking for stuff to lighten my bike. In terms of forks I see that Sid race are the lightest
    around and relatively cheap for adjustability etc. Have looked around on net for reviews but found
    about four. A few raise issues of oil sealing issues, leaks etc. Have also heard they are supposed
    to be quite flexy units. Would appreciate feedback from any users, good or bad.

    Thanks

    Simon C

    Tags:

  2. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Simon Choppin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hiya, looking for stuff to lighten my bike. In terms of forks I see that Sid
    race
    > are the lightest around and relatively cheap for adjustability etc. Have looked around on net for
    > reviews but found about four. A few raise issues of oil sealing issues, leaks etc. Have also heard
    > they are supposed to be quite flexy units. Would appreciate feedback from any users, good or bad.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Simon C

    Forget light unless your racing, get a marzocchi

  3. "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Simon Choppin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hiya, looking for stuff to lighten my bike. In terms of forks I see that Sid
    > race
    > > are the lightest around and relatively cheap for adjustability etc. Have looked around on net
    > > for reviews but found about four. A few raise issues of oil sealing issues, leaks etc. Have also
    > > heard they are
    supposed
    > > to be quite flexy units. Would appreciate feedback from any users, good or bad.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Simon C
    > >

    > Forget light unless your racing, get a marzocchi

    Hear that a lot, thing is, do do quite a few races and really wouldn't mind shaving some lard off my
    30lb 'xc' bike.

  4. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Simon Choppin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > --
    > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Simon Choppin" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hiya, looking for stuff to lighten my bike. In terms of forks I see that Sid
    > > race
    > > > are the lightest around and relatively cheap for adjustability etc. Have looked around on net
    > > > for reviews but found about four. A few
    raise
    > > > issues of oil sealing issues, leaks etc. Have also heard they are
    > supposed
    > > > to be quite flexy units. Would appreciate feedback from any users, good or bad.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Simon C
    > > >

    > > Forget light unless your racing, get a marzocchi
    > >

    > Hear that a lot, thing is, do do quite a few races and really wouldn't
    mind
    > shaving some lard off my 30lb 'xc' bike.

    If your racing, then you want your bike around 25lbs, but that will cost ya!

  5. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:57:38 +0000 (UTC), Simon Choppin <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hiya, looking for stuff to lighten my bike. In terms of forks I see that Sid race are the lightest
    > around and relatively cheap for adjustability etc. Have looked around on net for reviews but found
    > about four. A few raise issues of oil sealing issues, leaks etc. Have also heard they are supposed
    > to be quite flexy units. Would appreciate feedback from any users, good or bad.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Simon C

    I've used SID Race forks. They are light and flexy, but I never found them to be unreliable. QUite
    the opposite, in fact. They are also very tuneable. I liked the forks' suspension a whole lot, but I
    got really tired of crashing in ruts I should have been able to steer through, so I ditched them. I
    am currently running last year's Duke Race, which is just the same suspension, but it actually
    steers extremely well.

    Miles

  6. Tj

    Tj Guest

    Join the bomberhood. x-fly 100 should do to keep some weight off.

    TJ