Side Light Bicycle Wheel Reflectors

Brub

Guest
Fellow night riders,

I recently asked about 'Sidelight' bicycle wheel reflectors. Appears I'm
not alone trying to find them. I stood up this link for my LBS and thought
others might be able to use it.

http://metroped.org/bpi/sidelight.htm

Bob

_______________________________
Robert Brubaker, Director
Metroped Inc.
P.O. Box 7244
Alexandria, VA. 22307-0244
Phone: 1-267-295-1035
E-Mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.metroped.org

Brub wrote:

> I recently asked about 'Sidelight' bicycle wheel reflectors. Appears
> I'm not alone trying to find them. I stood up this link for my LBS
> and thought others might be able to use it.
>
> http://metroped.org/bpi/sidelight.htm

If your rims are deep enough, a few pieces of 3M reflective tape would work just
as well. Most newer rims have plenty of room inside the brake track. A strip
from one side to the other, over the spoke bed, will show up from behind/angle
as well.

Matt O.

Matt

I've tested 3M reflective tape along side the subject sidelights. They are
easily an order of magnitude dimmer at the best angles and they have almost
no reflectiveness at acute angles. The sidelight also have a smooth
surface that does not hold dirt. More then a decade later mine are still as
bright as new. Not so the tape that is also still on my bike..

Bob

Brub wrote:
> Matt
>
> I've tested 3M reflective tape along side the subject sidelights. They are
> easily an order of magnitude dimmer at the best angles and they have almost
> no reflectiveness at acute angles. The sidelight also have a smooth
> surface that does not hold dirt. More then a decade later mine are still as
> bright as new. Not so the tape that is also still on my bike..

You mean, I think, that the tape is not as bright as the sidelights, is
that right?

i Know this is a bit late from your post,but i have a product that i designed for sticking onto tyres,which is called "Reflecta-Tyre", that i have photo's on my site,i think this is what your after,please check it out;
www.beseenreflective.com

cheers