side rides??

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by skroboskim, May 3, 2006.

  1. skroboskim

    skroboskim Guest

    ok, this sucks... i can't side ride the way i like my seat... my leg
    doesn't want to fit in there :( or am I just not doing it right?

    --
    skroboskim

    *:) -stephen-:)* CCTX
    -(me to my neighbor) im the guy who wishes he was better-
    ><> Unicycle for Christ <><

    skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

  2. skroboskim

    skroboskim Guest

  3. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    skroboskim wrote:
    > ok, this sucks... i can't side ride the way i like my seat... my leg
    > doesn't want to fit in there :( or am I just not doing it right?

    I suspect that you mean 'seat on side'
    (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=f320240cseatsR) rather than
    'side ride'
    (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=f320240csideride).

    Squat down more. That will allow your leg to fit between the tire and
    the seat.

    What size and type of unicycle are you using for seat on side? Seat on
    side is very difficult (painful for the leg when the tire rips the skin
    off) on a 24x3 muni with long cranks. Much easier on a 20" or a
    standard 24".

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

  4. skroboskim

    skroboskim Guest

    john_childs wrote:
    > I suspect that you mean 'seat on side'
    > (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=f320240cseatsR) rather than
    > 'side ride'
    > (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=f320240csideride).
    >
    > Squat down more. That will allow your leg to fit between the tire and
    > the seat.
    >
    > What size and type of unicycle are you using for seat on side? Seat on
    > side is very difficult (painful for the leg when the tire rips the skin
    > off) on a 24x3 muni with long cranks. Much easier on a 20" or a
    > standard 24".

    it is a 20" w/ a 2.125 tire , but i like the seat sort of short... ill
    go try it

    --
    skroboskim

    *:) -stephen-:)* CCTX
    -(me to my neighbor) im the guy who wishes he was better-
    ><> Unicycle for Christ <><

    skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

  5. skroboskim

    skroboskim Guest