sidecar/passenger seat for mountain bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jeremy Watts, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Jeremy Watts

    Jeremy Watts Guest

    Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
    an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like those bicycle taxis you sometimes see?

    Thanks Jeremy

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:58:36 -0000, Jeremy Watts wrote:
    > Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
    > an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like those bicycle taxis you sometimes see?

    This subject came up once, and I think someone did find some off-the-wall manufacturer. It wasn't a
    sidecar - that'd NEVER work - it was some sort of thing you pull behind. It wouldn't be anything for
    riding off-road; you'd be lucky to pull it up any reasonable hill ON the road. And it wouldn't be
    cheap, as there'd be almost no demand for it.

    A Google search might turn something up, if you search for "rickshaw" or some such term. Maybe
    "grandmother" also, since that's who the guy was thinking about towing around.

  3. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    "Jeremy Watts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
    > an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like
    those
    > bicycle taxis you sometimes see?
    >
    > Thanks Jeremy

    Those things they had on Amazing Race this week were called cyclos. Maybe that helps?

  4. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "Jeremy Watts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
    > an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like those bicycle taxis you sometimes see?
    >
    > Thanks Jeremy

    For really small adults.

    http://www.ihpva.org/com/Sidekids/

  5. Simon

    Simon Guest

  6. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Jeremy Watts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
    | an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like
    those
    | bicycle taxis you sometimes see?
    |
    | Thanks Jeremy

    http://www.inter.ab.ca/rickshaw/

    all i could find in my 5 minutes of searching

    Simon.

  7. Jeremy Watts

    Jeremy Watts Guest

    "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Jeremy Watts wrote:
    > > Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to
    fit
    > > on a mountain bike so as an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like
    those
    > > bicycle taxis you sometimes see?
    >
    > <Simpsons comic book guy> "Worst troll ever" </Simpson's comic book guy>

    no not trolling i'm being serious - i have seen them and cant seem to find anyone who sells them
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  8. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Jeremy Watts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to
    fit
    > > on a mountain bike so as an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like
    > those
    > > bicycle taxis you sometimes see?

    > Those things they had on Amazing Race this week were called cyclops.
    Maybe
    > that helps?

    Nah, that was an old "Jason and the Argonauts" movie :)

    Bill "maybe THAT helps?!?" S.

    PS: pardon my 'p'