sidecar/passenger seat for mountain bike

Jeremy Watts

Guest
Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like those bicycle taxis you sometimes see?

Thanks Jeremy

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:58:36 -0000, Jeremy Watts wrote:
> Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
> an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like those bicycle taxis you sometimes see?

This subject came up once, and I think someone did find some off-the-wall manufacturer. It wasn't a
sidecar - that'd NEVER work - it was some sort of thing you pull behind. It wouldn't be anything for
riding off-road; you'd be lucky to pull it up any reasonable hill ON the road. And it wouldn't be
cheap, as there'd be almost no demand for it.

A Google search might turn something up, if you search for "rickshaw" or some such term. Maybe
"grandmother" also, since that's who the guy was thinking about towing around.

"Jeremy Watts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to fit on a mountain bike so as
> an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like
those
> bicycle taxis you sometimes see?
>
> Thanks Jeremy

Those things they had on Amazing Race this week were called cyclos. Maybe that helps?

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Jeremy Watts wrote:
> > Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to
fit
> > on a mountain bike so as an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like
those
> > bicycle taxis you sometimes see?
>
> <Simpsons comic book guy> "Worst troll ever" </Simpson's comic book guy>

no not trolling i'm being serious - i have seen them and cant seem to find anyone who sells them
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jeremy Watts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi, Does anyone know whether you can get like a sidecar type thing to
fit
> > on a mountain bike so as an adult may ride as a passenger? A bit like
> those
> > bicycle taxis you sometimes see?

> Those things they had on Amazing Race this week were called cyclops.
Maybe
> that helps?

Nah, that was an old "Jason and the Argonauts" movie :)

Bill "maybe THAT helps?!?" S.

PS: pardon my 'p'