Sideways Wheel Walk

litldude2

Guest
So for the past 2 days I have been working on some sideways wheel
walking. So far I can only go 1 rev but its getting better. Does anyone
have some good tips for me?

I made a short movie of my progress 'and it's here'
(http://tinyurl.com/ewhgh).
Later

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

looks like your on the right track..but ...why is your trials wheel set
on a kh 24" frame?

--
trials_uni

'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
informative post go now! edited today!
Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
(http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
unicyclists in your area!
Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

monkeyman wrote:
> Those animals aren't innocent, they're keeping my meat from me

nice, you're doing well.

has anyone ever broken a seat doing sideways wheelwalk, by putting too
much weight on the ends? I assume a CF base would be better for
this....

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*, reply number
'50,000' (http://tinyurl.com/d5pmu) in the most replys thread

trials_uni wrote:
> looks like your on the right track..but ...why is your trials wheel set
> on a kh 24" frame?

I lost the seat post shim in my trials frame so I can't put a seat on
it.

James_Potter wrote:
> has anyone ever broken a seat doing sideways wheelwalk, by putting too
> much weight on the ends? I assume a CF base would be better for
> this....

Well I am using a CF seat so I don't have to worry about that.

--

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

oh yeah..i thought you had gotten the shim already.

--

monkeyman wrote:
> Those animals aren't innocent, they're keeping my meat from me

Nope, it makes no difference at all. You can't even tell the frame is
too big when riding it. I think Mike Clark has the 24" frame because
the 20" united doesn't have much (or any?) clearance on a trials wheel.

--

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

You seem to have the idea pretty well. Make sure to put all your weight
on the seat. Work on making your pushes as smooth as possible.
Concentrate on your right foot, since it does most of the driving and
steering. The other foot isn't really even necessary. As you advance,
experiment with one-footed sideways wheel walk, with the free foot
extended, on the frame, or draped over the saddle. You can also try the
running jump mount into sideways glide, which isn't nearly as hard as
it sounds, if you do it only a short distance. Sideways wheel walk took
me many long months to learn (partly because I started when I wasn't
that good yet), but it's definitely worth it. Just the other day, I did
it in a circle fot the first time.:)

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

"wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911