Sideways Wheel Walk

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by litldude2, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    So for the past 2 days I have been working on some sideways wheel
    walking. So far I can only go 1 rev but its getting better. Does anyone
    have some good tips for me?

    I made a short movie of my progress 'and it's here'
    (http://tinyurl.com/ewhgh).
    Later

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  2. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest

    I'm not that good at it yet about the same as you by the sounds of
    things but I always get batter results when I put all the weight of my
    body on my arms and harfly any on my legs and feet
    hope that helps a bit good luck

    Lucas

    --
    Lucas1wheel
    Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

  3. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    looks like your on the right track..but ...why is your trials wheel set
    on a kh 24" frame?

    --
    trials_uni

    'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
    informative post go now! edited today!
    Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
    (http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
    unicyclists in your area!
    Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

    monkeyman wrote:
    > Those animals aren't innocent, they're keeping my meat from me

  4. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  5. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    nice, you're doing well.

    has anyone ever broken a seat doing sideways wheelwalk, by putting too
    much weight on the ends? I assume a CF base would be better for
    this....

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    *President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*, reply number
    '50,000' (http://tinyurl.com/d5pmu) in the most replys thread

  6. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    trials_uni wrote:
    > looks like your on the right track..but ...why is your trials wheel set
    > on a kh 24" frame?

    I lost the seat post shim in my trials frame so I can't put a seat on
    it.

    James_Potter wrote:
    > has anyone ever broken a seat doing sideways wheelwalk, by putting too
    > much weight on the ends? I assume a CF base would be better for
    > this....

    Well I am using a CF seat so I don't have to worry about that.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  7. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    oh yeah..i thought you had gotten the shim already.

    --

    monkeyman wrote:
    > Those animals aren't innocent, they're keeping my meat from me

  8. chosen

    chosen Guest

  9. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Nope, it makes no difference at all. You can't even tell the frame is
    too big when riding it. I think Mike Clark has the 24" frame because
    the 20" united doesn't have much (or any?) clearance on a trials wheel.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  10. jsm

    jsm Guest

    You seem to have the idea pretty well. Make sure to put all your weight
    on the seat. Work on making your pushes as smooth as possible.
    Concentrate on your right foot, since it does most of the driving and
    steering. The other foot isn't really even necessary. As you advance,
    experiment with one-footed sideways wheel walk, with the free foot
    extended, on the frame, or draped over the saddle. You can also try the
    running jump mount into sideways glide, which isn't nearly as hard as
    it sounds, if you do it only a short distance. Sideways wheel walk took
    me many long months to learn (partly because I started when I wasn't
    that good yet), but it's definitely worth it. Just the other day, I did
    it in a circle fot the first time.:)

    --
    jsm

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

    "wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911