SIDI Dominator Mega

I just bought a pair of SIDI Dominator Mega off the web. Unfortunately
for me the shoe feels a little narrow. I am wondering whether I was
sent a pair of standard width instead. The tongue of the shoes says
43 M. Can someone with Megas confirm that this is what the tongue
says?

Thanks,

Dylan

On Jan 29, 12:11 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> I just bought a pair of SIDI Dominator Mega off the web. Unfortunately
> for me the shoe feels a little narrow.  I am wondering whether I was
> sent a pair of standard width instead.  The tongue of the shoes says
> 43 M.  Can someone with Megas confirm that this is what the tongue
> says?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dylan

The tongue of my shoes says 49 M, with a space between the 49 and the
M.

J.

On Jan 29, 12:11 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> I just bought a pair of SIDI Dominator Mega off the web. Unfortunately
> for me the shoe feels a little narrow.  I am wondering whether I was
> sent a pair of standard width instead.  The tongue of the shoes says
> 43 M.  Can someone with Megas confirm that this is what the tongue
> says?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dylan

I had a pair of those shoes at one time a i also noticed that that
they didnot feelwide enough for me also so i purchase a pair of wide
Lake shoes and noticed the difference right away and they were much
wider than the Sidi and now i own 4 pairs of Lake shoes.

[email protected] wrote:
> I just bought a pair of SIDI Dominator Mega off the web. Unfortunately
> for me the shoe feels a little narrow. I am wondering whether I was
> sent a pair of standard width instead. The tongue of the shoes says
> 43 M. Can someone with Megas confirm that this is what the tongue
> says?

Yep, that's a Mega.
They are "wide" but not quad-E wide.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Bentracer and Bentrider wrote:
> On Jan 29, 12:11 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>> I just bought a pair of SIDI Dominator Mega off the web. Unfortunately
>> for me the shoe feels a little narrow. I am wondering whether I was
>> sent a pair of standard width instead. The tongue of the shoes says
>> 43 M. Can someone with Megas confirm that this is what the tongue
>> says?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dylan

> I had a pair of those shoes at one time a i also noticed that that
> they didnot feelwide enough for me also so i purchase a pair of wide
> Lake shoes and noticed the difference right away and they were much
> wider than the Sidi and now i own 4 pairs of Lake shoes.

The SiDi Dominator Mega II shoes fit me perfectly, even when sober.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

On Jan 30, 4:36 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Bentracer and Bentrider wrote:
> > On Jan 29, 12:11 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> >> I just bought a pair of SIDI Dominator Mega off the web. Unfortunately
> >> for me the shoe feels a little narrow. I am wondering whether I was
> >> sent a pair of standard width instead. The tongue of the shoes says
> >> 43 M. Can someone with Megas confirm that this is what the tongue
> >> says?

> >> Thanks,

> >> Dylan

> > I had a pair of those shoes at one time a i also noticed that that
> > they didnot feelwide enough for me also so i purchase a pair of wide
> > Lake shoes and noticed the difference right away and they were much
> > wider than the Sidi and now i own 4 pairs of Lake shoes.

> The SiDi Dominator Mega II shoes fit me perfectly, even when sober.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> "And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
> - A. Derleth

would fit up your ass perfectly.

Almost no bleeding.

[email protected] aka Gaby de Wilde wrote:
> On Jan 30, 4:36 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Bentracer and Bentrider wrote:
>>> I had a pair of those shoes at one time a i also noticed that that
>>> they didnot feelwide enough for me also so i purchase a pair of wide
>>> Lake shoes and noticed the difference right away and they were much
>>> wider than the Sidi and now i own 4 pairs of Lake shoes.
>> >

>> The SiDi Dominator Mega II shoes fit me perfectly, even when sober.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> "And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
>> - A. Derleth

> would fit up your ass perfectly.
>
> Almost no bleeding.

That response is unworthy of a junior high school student, as it lacks
any semblance of creativity and humor.

So tell me Mr. de Wilde, what is your problem? That I do NOT dislike
Gene "datakoll" Daniels, or that I posted a correction to your improper
terminology? Or do you just want to pick a fight with everyone who do
not admire your attempts to violate the laws of nature?

A Muzi wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> I just bought a pair of SIDI Dominator Mega off the web. Unfortunately
>> for me the shoe feels a little narrow. I am wondering whether I was
>> sent a pair of standard width instead. The tongue of the shoes says
>> 43 M. Can someone with Megas confirm that this is what the tongue
>> says?

> Yep, that's a Mega.
> They are "wide" but not quad-E wide.

Just like the Narrows are not very narrow, just better than the standard
width for my feet.

I wonder why Sidi doesn't make the narrow and wide widths on their more
expensive shoes?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:57:04, Colin Campbell wrote:

> Just like the Narrows are not very narrow, just better than the standard
> width for my feet.

> I wonder why Sidi doesn't make the narrow and wide widths on their more
> expensive shoes?

In my experience, Sidi ONLY makes narrow and wide on expensive shoes.
Do they have any aside from the Genius (~$200 road) and Dominator
(~$200 MTB)?

I have a pair of the Genius IIIs in wide, and while they're
comfortable to me, I have come to dislike the impracticality of
non-walkable shoes.

As I use MTB pedals on everything anyway (Time ATAC), I haven't worn
my Sidis very frequently.

I am pretty happy with my Lake MX220 wides.

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - [email protected] - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

On 31 Jan 2008 20:31:25 GMT, Alan Hoyle <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:57:04, Colin Campbell wrote:
>
>> Just like the Narrows are not very narrow, just better than the standard
>> width for my feet.

>> I wonder why Sidi doesn't make the narrow and wide widths on their more
>> expensive shoes?

>In my experience, Sidi ONLY makes narrow and wide on expensive shoes.
>Do they have any aside from the Genius (~$200 road) and Dominator
>(~$200 MTB)?

Genius is in the middle of their range.

On Jan 29, 10:53 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [email protected] aka Gaby de Wilde wrote:
>
> > On Jan 30, 4:36 am, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >> The SiDi Dominator Mega II shoes fit me perfectly, even when sober.

> >> --
> >> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> >> "And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
> >> - A. Derleth

> > would fit up your ass perfectly.

> > Almost no bleeding.

> That response is unworthy of a junior high school student, as it lacks
> any semblance of creativity and humor.
>
> So tell me Mr. de Wilde, what is your problem? That I do NOT dislike
> Gene "datakoll" Daniels, or that I posted a correction to your improper
> terminology?

It's probably a comment on your chosen role as a self-appointed netcop
and rigid, constipated pain-in-the-ass.

Loosen up! Prune juice and bran every morning will help.

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> On Jan 29, 10:53 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> [email protected] aka Gaby de Wilde wrote:

>>> would fit up your ass perfectly.
>>> Almost no bleeding.

>> That response is unworthy of a junior high school student, as it lacks
>> any semblance of creativity and humor.
>>
>> So tell me Mr. de Wilde, what is your problem? That I do NOT dislike
>> Gene "datakoll" Daniels, or that I posted a correction to your improper
>> terminology?

> It's probably a comment on your chosen role as a self-appointed netcop
> and rigid, constipated pain-in-the-ass.
>
> Loosen up! Prune juice and bran every morning will help.

Mr. de Wilde has gone off on far more than one person recently.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

On 31 Jan 2008 20:31:25 GMT, Alan Hoyle <[email protected]> wrote:

>> I wonder why Sidi doesn't make the narrow and wide widths on their more
>> expensive shoes?

>In my experience, Sidi ONLY makes narrow and wide on expensive shoes.

Not so.

>Do they have any aside from the Genius (~$200 road) and Dominator
>(~$200 MTB)?

Yes. They are also available on their cheaper "Bullet" range.

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 16:54:18, Andrew Price wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2008 20:31:25 GMT, Alan Hoyle <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I wonder why Sidi doesn't make the narrow and wide widths on their more
>>> expensive shoes?

>>In my experience, Sidi ONLY makes narrow and wide on expensive shoes.

> Not so.

>>Do they have any aside from the Genius (~$200 road) and Dominator
>>(~$200 MTB)?

> Yes. They are also available on their cheaper "Bullet" range.

Hmmm. It seems the Bullet shoes are around $150 each. While I agree
that's "cheaper," I still think that qualifies as "expensive."

-alan

--

Alan Hoyle wrote:
> Hmmm. It seems the Bullet shoes are around $150 each. While I agree
> that's "cheaper," I still think that qualifies as "expensive."

Actually $84.97 each but SiDi only sells 'em in pairs.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

A Muzi mused:
> Alan Hoyle wrote:
>> Hmmm. It seems the Bullet shoes are around $150 each. While I agree
>> that's "cheaper," I still think that qualifies as "expensive."

> Actually $84.97 each but SiDi only sells 'em in pairs.

POTW!

Andrew Price wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2008 20:31:25 GMT, Alan Hoyle <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> I wonder why Sidi doesn't make the narrow and wide widths on their more
>>> expensive shoes?

>> In my experience, Sidi ONLY makes narrow and wide on expensive shoes.

> Not so.
>
>> Do they have any aside from the Genius (~$200 road) and Dominator
>> (~$200 MTB)?

> Yes. They are also available on their cheaper "Bullet" range.

According to what I see at SidiUSA.com, the Bullet is a MTB shoe, and is
only available in standard and mega widths, not narrow. (So that
satisfies some of the folks here, but not all - and not me. I don't do
MTB, and I need narrow.)

The Genius 5.5 (road shoe) comes in standard and mega widths. I don't
see a MTB equivalent of this shoe on the site.

The Zeta (road shoe) appears to be the equivalent of the Bullet in price
and size availability.

Colin Campbell wrote:
> Andrew Price wrote:

>>> In my experience, Sidi ONLY makes narrow and wide on expensive shoes.

>> Not so.
>>
>>> Do they have any aside from the Genius (~$200 road) and Dominator
>>> (~$200 MTB)?

>> Yes. They are also available on their cheaper "Bullet" range.

> According to what I see at SidiUSA.com, the Bullet is a MTB shoe, and is
> only available in standard and mega widths, not narrow. (So that
> satisfies some of the folks here, but not all - and not me. I don't do
> MTB, and I need narrow.)

Well, some of us prefer the ATB shoes and cleats for road use, as there
is no need to walk like a duck off the bicycle.

Dominator 6 Carbon: <http://www.sidiusa.com/dom6.html>?

> The Zeta (road shoe) appears to be the equivalent of the Bullet in price
> and size availability.

The SiDi shoes would be improved by making the uppers all black.

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Colin Campbell wrote:
> > Andrew Price wrote:

> >> Not so.

> >> Yes. They are also available on their cheaper "Bullet" range.

> > According to what I see at SidiUSA.com, the Bullet is a MTB shoe, and is
> > only available in standard and mega widths, not narrow. (So that
> > satisfies some of the folks here, but not all - and not me. I don't do
> > MTB, and I need narrow.)
> >

> Well, some of us prefer the ATB shoes and cleats for road use, as there
> is no need to walk like a duck off the bicycle.

While respecting those of my fellow roadracers who use road shoes, I
fall in with Tom on this one: I really like having walkable shoes even
when I'm racing. I don't think the extra ounces have cost me a sprint
yet.

What kind of pedals/cleats do you use?

> > The Genius 5.5 (road shoe) comes in standard and mega widths. I don't
> > see a MTB equivalent of this shoe on the site.
> >

> Dominator 6 Carbon: <http://www.sidiusa.com/dom6.html>?
>
> > The Zeta (road shoe) appears to be the equivalent of the Bullet in price
> > and size availability.
> >

> The SiDi shoes would be improved by making the uppers all black.

Spray-time! Heh.

I should say that Crank Brothers makes a 3-hole mount for their cleat
which includes a 3/4 surround "sole" with the cleat mounted in the
middle. This effectively converts a road shoe into a much more walkable
form, though the heel will still be rather odd.

Unless you've had problems with hot-spots using a 2-bolt cleat, I'd
commend a walkable cleat and shoe to you over the 3-bolt non-walkable
cleats (Look Keo and Delta, Shimano SPD-SL).

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Colin Campbell wrote:

>>> According to what I see at SidiUSA.com, the Bullet is a MTB shoe, and is
>>> only available in standard and mega widths, not narrow. (So that
>>> satisfies some of the folks here, but not all - and not me. I don't do
>>> MTB, and I need narrow.)
>>>

>> Well, some of us prefer the ATB shoes and cleats for road use, as there
>> is no need to walk like a duck off the bicycle.

> While respecting those of my fellow roadracers who use road shoes, I
> fall in with Tom on this one: I really like having walkable shoes even
> when I'm racing. I don't think the extra ounces have cost me a sprint
> yet.
>
> What kind of pedals/cleats do you use?

SH51 "S" cleats on SiDi Dominator II Mega shoes or SH55 "M" cleats on
Exxus sandals for road riding, and SH55 "M" cleats and Shimano ATB shoes
for off-road. I prefer the "S" cleats on a high bottom bracket bike when
riding hard, to make sure my feet stay clipped in. Conversly, I prefer
the "M" cleats off-road, so I can get my feet out quickly when I stall
going uphill or failing to clear an obstacle (a too common occurance,
since I am a "Barney").

>>> The Genius 5.5 (road shoe) comes in standard and mega widths. I don't
>>> see a MTB equivalent of this shoe on the site.
>>>

>> Dominator 6 Carbon: <http://www.sidiusa.com/dom6.html>?
>>
>>> The Zeta (road shoe) appears to be the equivalent of the Bullet in price
>>> and size availability.
>> >

>> The SiDi shoes would be improved by making the uppers all black.

> Spray-time! Heh.

Flat black is not distracting. Whirring colors are.