Sidi Energy shoes

soonercyclist93

Dec 27, 2003
Found a GREAT deal on this shoe.
Does anyone have any info on it like why isnt it being made anymore?
Is the adjustable sole a pain to work with?
Any less comfy than the Genius?
Any info from anyone?
:( :confused:

Originally posted by soonercyclist93
Found a GREAT deal on this shoe.
Does anyone have any info on it like why isnt it being made anymore?
Is the adjustable sole a pain to work with?
Any less comfy than the Genius?
Any info from anyone?

I have a pair, and IMO, they are the best cycling shoes period. The buckles give a far more positive feel than cheap velcro straps. Search "Sidi Carbon" for a recent thread on this subject. The Energy seems to be available from overseas retailers only. I mail ordered mine from the UK.

I have a pair of Sidi energy shoes. I got them from www.xpedia.co.uk very cheap. I think it was about £50 for them. They are great to wear and I agree with Ted B, the buckles make you feel more supported and they don't become loose.

The Shadow was replaced by the Carbon sole model, cannot remember the name, all I know is I paid $289USD for them which was well worth it. The Shadow was simply a version that was I think about 200 grams heavier. A fantastic shoe though.

Originally posted by jmocallaghan
The Shadow was replaced by the Carbon sole model, cannot remember the name, all I know is I paid $289USD for them which was well worth it. The Shadow was simply a version that was I think about 200 grams heavier. A fantastic shoe though.

So.....Shadow equals energy?
Also was there an Energy 1 and an Energy 2?:confused:

Originally posted by soonercyclist93
So.....Shadow equals energy?
Also was there an Energy 1 and an Energy 2?:confused:

Yes and no, it had similiar charaterstics with the Energy but it really has more in kind with the Ergo 1. The Energy series were out there for 2 yrs and replaced by the Ergo 1 and the Genius 4 Carbon.

Confusing eh? Well, look at it this way, Sidi shoes are the best so if you have a set of the Shadow and you love them and they've not failed, no worries. If it's time to move on, go with a carbon shoe if you can afford it, the difference is fantastic. I am a paratrooper with some messed up feet from jumping and a CAT III and I find them (Ergo 1) to be the best thing since putting M&Ms in our MREs.