Sidi Ergo 2 or Shimano r300 shoes

guldo197

Nov 10, 2007
I am trying to decide between the Sidi Ergo2 and the SHimano r300 road shoes. Price is not a problem. The Sidis are more expensive and probably are slightly better quality but the shimanos are custom fitted so what do you think would be the best shoe? Have any of you tried or compared these shoes and what are your opinions of them?

guldo197 said:
I am trying to decide between the Sidi Ergo2 and the SHimano r300 road shoes. Price is not a problem. The Sidis are more expensive and probably are slightly better quality but the shimanos are custom fitted so what do you think would be the best shoe? Have any of you tried or compared these shoes and what are your opinions of them?

The 'best' shoe is the 'best fit'. All else is secondary.

I ordered a pair of the R300s which I should have in a week or so. I will let you know what I think.

Hard to beat the reply that the best fit for you is the best shoe for you. Outside of that though, I used to wear Shimano shoes until I fell in love with SIDI. Hands down the best shoes I've ever had (again, for me) and I've no intention of ever changing brands.

See if you can try on a pair of each. That should seal the deal for you. Quality-wise, at that range, its really only going to only come down to subtle subjective qualities in each, for example, SIDIs on the whole tend to be a bit narrower, etc. Depends on your feet.