sidi ergo or energy comparison

Chain

Mar 13, 2005
I have already ordered energies and even they are relatively expensive for me and I do not think about swithing within next few years but I wandered about the logic of "distribution of straps and buckles" on sidi shoes.
I assume that tecno buckle is better than velcro strap. Why the ergo model features strap and buckle and energy two buckles then. I think it should be vice versa...
It is not too serious matter but I like to talk about sidies a lot last few weeks to be honest.

Good question. Maybe the feedback on the Energy was that the buckle caused to much pressure or toe cramping and they opted for velcro on the the ergo. Or Ergo would list for 425.00 versus 399.00 US, so they went with the cheaper velco strap...

While we're talking about shoes, a question about the Sidi Mega. They are advertised simply as a "wide" shoe. Does anybody know more precisely what the width is? E? EE? 3E? 4E?

tfstrum said:
Good question. Maybe the feedback on the Energy was that the buckle caused to much pressure or toe cramping and they opted for velcro on the the ergo. Or Ergo would list for 425.00 versus 399.00 US, so they went with the cheaper velco strap...
I guess I can imagine the pressue you are talking about a lot better now that I have the energies on my feet. I am waiting for my pedals to arrive so I can not try the shoes in action on bike. They feel real tight but I can't tell whether it is a correct fit, these are my first cycling shoes. I can wear them at home for relatively long time (untill I feel stupid), for about5 hours without noticeable problems. Hope it it will be ok on bike as well :confused:

Ashley3 said:
While we're talking about shoes, a question about the Sidi Mega. They are advertised simply as a "wide" shoe. Does anybody know more precisely what the width is? E? EE? 3E? 4E?

I am between E and EE, the Megas fit me very well without pressure. I feel I could be wider and be fine. I read a comment about a 4E guy who was saying he was snug in the Mega.

Chain said:
I guess I can imagine the pressure you are talking about a lot better now that I have the energies on my feet. I am waiting for my pedals to arrive so I can not try the shoes in action on the bike. They feel real tight but I can't tell whether it is a correct fit, as these are my first cycling shoes. I can wear them at home for a relatively long time (until I feel stupid), for about 5 hours without noticeable problems. Hope it will be ok on the bike as well :confused:

They should stretch a little and you want them to be a little tight because you'll be pulling up on part of the pedal stroke. Wear a thinner bicycle sock from a company like DeFeet. Good luck!