Sidi Genius 4 shoe care

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rick, Jun 5, 2003.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Hello,

    I have a pair of Sidi Genius 4 less than 1 year old. The outside around the toe box area is fading
    even though I clean them from time to time with a damp cloth. Is there any type of care I need to
    use to help prevent any further fading and to keep the shoes soft as once was when new?

    Thanks
    Rick in TN.

    Tags:

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Wash them in a pan of water! Surprising how shiny black mine were once they dried out (which took a
    couple of days). Once all the salt was gone, they were as soft as new, too!

    > I have a pair of Sidi Genius 4 less than 1 year old. The outside around the toe box area is
    > fading even though I clean them from time to time with a damp cloth. Is there any type of care I
    > need to use to help prevent any further fading and to keep the shoes soft as once was when new?

  3. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > Surprising how shiny black mine were once they dried out (which took a couple of days).

    When you stuff them with old newspapers they dry much faster.

    "richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Wash them in a pan of water! Surprising how shiny black mine were once they dried out (which took
    > a couple of days). Once all the salt was gone, they were as soft as new, too!
    >
    > > I have a pair of Sidi Genius 4 less than 1 year old. The outside around the toe box area is
    > > fading even though I clean them from time to time with a damp cloth. Is there any type of
    > > care I need to use to help prevent any further fading and to keep the shoes soft as once was
    > > when new?

  4. "Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Surprising how shiny black mine were once they dried out (which took a couple of days).
    >
    > When you stuff them with old newspapers they dry much faster.

    To elaborate, stuff them with newspapers but change the newspapers every hour or so.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  5. H. M. Leary

    H. M. Leary Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (rick) wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a pair of Sidi Genius 4 less than 1 year old. The outside around the toe box area is
    > fading even though I clean them from time to time with a damp cloth. Is there any type of care I
    > need to use to help prevent any further fading and to keep the shoes soft as once was when new?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Rick in TN.

    From my days as a soccer player, I use something called Boot Kleen, followed by Boot Brew. My Sidi¹s
    look and feel as good as new.

    Only problem is the bottoms are about worn out and I¹ll have to get a new pair.

    HAND Wish I did¹nt have duck feet!