Sidi Genius Shoes - Top Closure is Failing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Colin Campbell, Sep 30, 2004.

  1. These shoes are about 1 year old.

    They have two velcro closures but at the top is one of those ratcheting
    closures, where you insert the plastic "tongue" into a gismo with a
    lever, and "click" it closed to the desired tightness.

    I've noticed in the past week that when I get home from a ride, the
    right shoe's top closure is usually loose. I cannot see that the tongue
    is worn. The ratcheting mechanism seems to be able to tighten the top
    closure before I start my ride. I don't notice it when the top closure
    becomes loose.

    Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so, does Sidi have a fix
    for it?
    Thanks,
    Colin

    Tags:

  2. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > These shoes are about 1 year old.
    >
    > They have two velcro closures but at the top is one of those ratcheting
    > closures, where you insert the plastic "tongue" into a gismo with a lever,
    > and "click" it closed to the desired tightness.
    >
    > I've noticed in the past week that when I get home from a ride, the right
    > shoe's top closure is usually loose. I cannot see that the tongue is
    > worn. The ratcheting mechanism seems to be able to tighten the top
    > closure before I start my ride. I don't notice it when the top closure
    > becomes loose.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so, does Sidi have a fix for
    > it?
    > Thanks,
    > Colin

    You can buy spares for most parts on Sidi shoes.

    Graham

  3. "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:cvGdnQ9rJIDC8sHcR[email protected]
    > These shoes are about 1 year old.
    >
    > They have two velcro closures but at the top is one of those ratcheting
    > closures, where you insert the plastic "tongue" into a gismo with a
    > lever, and "click" it closed to the desired tightness.
    >
    > I've noticed in the past week that when I get home from a ride, the
    > right shoe's top closure is usually loose. I cannot see that the tongue
    > is worn. The ratcheting mechanism seems to be able to tighten the top
    > closure before I start my ride. I don't notice it when the top closure
    > becomes loose.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so, does Sidi have a fix
    > for it?
    > Thanks,
    > Colin

    What you describe suggests that the 'tongue' (strap) is slightly worn. SIDI
    sells these http://www.sidiusa.com/parts-access/index.html and are easy to
    order.