Sidi - Regular or Mega?

ScoJo

Apr 18, 2005
I tried on at a LBS the Genius 5 in regular and mega (I wear a 45). I don't think I will be purchasing the Genuis (the only one they had), but I am ordering a "lesser" Sidi online. The megas were a little loose, and the regulars a little snug. I tried one of those shoe-sizers that they had - my width looks to be a B.

Given that, can those of you with Sidis recommend which way to go for me? These are my first pair of clipless shoes, so I don't know how snug they should feel.

Thanks,
Scott

After reading a little more, I am becoming convinced that that B that I read was not correct. Is there a relationship between these letters and width of widest part of your foot in inches?

I wear a 10.5 shoe (I've been trying Sidi 45s). The width of the widest part of my foot is about 4.25 inches. On another chart I read that puts me in the D-E category. I'm confused. :(

ScoJo said:
After reading a little more, I am becoming convinced that that B that I read was not correct. Is there a relationship between these letters and width of widest part of your foot in inches?

You don't want loose, I'd go with regular...mine tend to stretch just a bit (I've noticed that the forefoot velcro straps move over a little during the first several rides).