Sidi road shoes and SPD-Rs

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bert Smith, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Bert Smith

    Bert Smith Guest

    Anyone combined the two? I assume you need smoe kind of adaptor plate. Is it heavy? Does it make the
    shoe plate very thick? Would I be better off sticking with Look pedals?

    Tags:

  2. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On 4 Apr 2003 01:35:27 -0800, [email protected] (Bert Smith) wrote:

    >Anyone combined the two? I assume you need smoe kind of adaptor plate. Is it heavy? Does it make
    >the shoe plate very thick? Would I be better off sticking with Look pedals?

    I've used Sidi shoes with SPD-Rs. Yes, you do need an adaptor plate, no it's not heavy. Your Sidi
    shoes will already have a plate fitted on them, I think the supplied one is drilled for Look pedals.
    You simply swap this for the SPD-R flavour so weight and thickness aren't really affected at all,
    just the hole pattern in the sole.

    Whether or not you'd be better off sticking with Looks is difficult to say, pedal choice is a very
    personal thing. I've not used Look pedals myself so can't really offer any insight into how the two
    compare. Are you having a specific problem with Looks?

    Bob