Sidi road shoes and SPD-Rs

Bert Smith

Guest
Anyone combined the two? I assume you need smoe kind of adaptor plate. Is it heavy? Does it make the
shoe plate very thick? Would I be better off sticking with Look pedals?

On 4 Apr 2003 01:35:27 -0800, [email protected] (Bert Smith) wrote:

>Anyone combined the two? I assume you need smoe kind of adaptor plate. Is it heavy? Does it make
>the shoe plate very thick? Would I be better off sticking with Look pedals?

I've used Sidi shoes with SPD-Rs. Yes, you do need an adaptor plate, no it's not heavy. Your Sidi
shoes will already have a plate fitted on them, I think the supplied one is drilled for Look pedals.
You simply swap this for the SPD-R flavour so weight and thickness aren't really affected at all,
just the hole pattern in the sole.

Whether or not you'd be better off sticking with Looks is difficult to say, pedal choice is a very
personal thing. I've not used Look pedals myself so can't really offer any insight into how the two
compare. Are you having a specific problem with Looks?

Bob