Sidi road shoes

insouciant

Feb 1, 2012
Hi, new member here!

I was just wondering, having read a lot about the sizing issues, what would be the best option for me regarding Sidi Genius Pro 5 shoes.

I am a UK size 11 and recently bought a pair of EU 45 Lake shoes that had to be returned, so I'd like to get the right size with the Sidi's to avoid a repeat of that.

I have boots and trainers all with differing US and EU sizing details, so it's proving to be frustrating.

My options for the Sidi's at the moment are either EU 47...or EU 49 which have a wider fit.

I can't find length measurements for either of them, but I'm not sure a wide fit would suit me as I don't have wide feet. If the length of the wider fit ones is more suitable, would it be worth getting them and trying to cancel out the extra width with thick socks?

Thanks!

I wear Sidis and my advise is to try some on in a shop before ordering. They tend to run a little narrow in my opinion.

insouciant said:
Hi, new member here!

I was just wondering, having read a lot about the sizing issues, what would be the best option for me regarding Sidi Genius Pro 5 shoes.
I am a UK size 11 and recently bought a pair of EU 45 Lake shoes that had to be returned, so I'd like to get the right size with the Sidi's to avoid a repeat of that.
I have boots and trainers all with differing US and EU sizing details, so it's proving to be frustrating.
My options for the Sidi's at the moment are either EU 47...or EU 49 which have a wider fit.
I can't find length measurements for either of them, but I'm not sure a wide fit would suit me as I don't have wide feet. If the length of the wider fit ones is more suitable, would it be worth getting them and trying to cancel out the extra width with thick socks?
Thanks!
The best option is to get the pair of shoes that fits best. Those shoes may be Sidis or may be a different brand. No matter the case, the best thing you can do is go to a few LBS and try shoes on. Length is only one of a few factors in shoe fit, factors that include, last shape, width, toe box volume, heel width..... If you compromise on shoe fit in order to stay within a particular brand or to have a particular shoe, that compromise can lead to foot pain, numbness, blisters, and maybe other issues that could keep you off the bike or at least keep you from enjoying your rides.

Originally Posted by insouciant .

FWIW. I have both SIDI and Shimano shoes ... if Shimano's sizing is used as an arbitrary benchmark, then SIDI shoes definitely run a size small by the time they are in the size 44 range.

• the [COLOR= #ff0000]size 45 [/COLOR]SIDI shoes which I have are basically the same as the [COLOR= #ff0000]size 44 [/COLOR]Shimano shoes which I have ... the soles on the two different sizes of the two different brands are essentially the same when held up one to the other ... I would say the two shoes in those two size are otherwise close enough to being the same that they both work for me.

I don't know how Lake shoes compare in their shoe sizing ...

AND, as you may know, different shoe brands are made on different lasts ... some have narrower heel counters than others, some have wider toe boxes, etc.

So, actually trying a shoe on is adviseable ... but, it may not tell you everything that you need to know about how the shoe will feel when you are out riding ...

Regardless, if push came to shove, 'I' would rather have a shoe which was one size larger and snug it up ... but, it really depends on YOUR pedaling style because a loose heel could be really annoying.