Sidi shoes hot?

Michael

Guest
I recently bought Sidi Dominators. I've worn them around the house a bit and find that my feet get
really hot - not sweaty, just hot. I'm concerned that the heat won't be comfortable when I'm active
on the bike, especially when the weather gets really hot.

Anybody else have problems with your feet getting hot in the Sidi fake leather? Or is it somehow not
an issue on the bike?

I mostly commute about 40 minutes per ride, but do several centuries per year, where I'd wear the
shoes all day.

### On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:45:36 GMT, [email protected] (Michael) [M] casually decided to
### expound upon rec.bicycles.misc the following thoughts about Sidi shoes hot?:

M> Anybody else have problems with your feet getting hot in the Sidi fake leather? Or is it somehow
M> not an issue on the bike?

I think it's not an issue when on the bike. I have Sidi Action MTB shoes and Energy road shoes and
in either case, my feet do feel a bit warmer sitting still as opposed to being on the bike. I'm not
sure if it's because I mentally surpress the feeling when riding or if the airflow when
pedalling/moving over the shoes helps to keep them cool.

--
/*===================[ Jake Khuon <[email protected]> ]======================+
| Packet Plumber, Network Engineers /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- | for Effective Bandwidth
| Utilisation / |/ [_ [_ |) |_| N E T W O R K S |
+=========================================================================*/

>Anybody else have problems with your feet getting hot in the Sidi fake leather? Or is it somehow
>not an issue on the bike?

There are two versions of the Dominator: An all Lorica version and a combination of mesh and Lorica.

I tend to wilt in the heat, and the mesh seems to help.YMMV. You can see an example of this shoe at:
http://tinyurl.com/831d

Chris Neary [email protected]

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure: what more could you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the
elements I loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh

"Chris Neary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Anybody else have problems with your feet getting hot in
the Sidi fake
> >leather? Or is it somehow not an issue on the bike?
>
> There are two versions of the Dominator: An all Lorica
version and a
> combination of mesh and Lorica.
>
> I tend to wilt in the heat, and the mesh seems to
help.YMMV. You can see an
> example of this shoe at: http://tinyurl.com/831d

I have Sidis too, like the half-mesh Dominators but with velcro instead of buckles. I've never had
any problem with my feet getting hot, even on really hot days. I've had several other shoes before
the Sidis, and the Sidis are the best, and coolest, by far. The problem I *do* have occasionally is
keeping my feet warm enough on cold days!

Matt O.

>The problem I *do* have occasionally is keeping my feet warm enough on cold days!

Not sure how cold you mean, but Smartwool socks do the trick in the (admittedly) not that cold SF
Bay Area winters.

Highly recommended.

Chris Neary [email protected]

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure: what more could you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the
elements I loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh

Chris Neary <[email protected]> wrote:

> Not sure how cold you mean, but Smartwool socks do the trick in the (admittedly) not that cold SF
> Bay Area winters.

It was 32 degrees F (0 degress C) on my commute this morning in Colorado. Smartwool light hiking
socks under my (mesh) cycling shoes worked just fine. I also have heavy wool socks that are good to
about 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C). If it's colder than that I switch to boots and clips. YMMV.

RFM

"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I recently bought Sidi Dominators. I've worn them around the house a bit and find that my feet get
> really hot - not sweaty, just hot. I'm concerned that the heat won't be comfortable when I'm
> active on the bike, especially when the weather gets really hot.
>
> Anybody else have problems with your feet getting hot in the Sidi fake leather? Or is it somehow
> not an issue on the bike?
>
> I mostly commute about 40 minutes per ride, but do several centuries per year, where I'd wear the
> shoes all day.

No problems here. I find them a tad too cold to be honest - anything below around 50 F, my feet
get chilly.

-Patrick

Chris Neary <[email protected]> wrote:
>>The problem I *do* have occasionally is keeping my feet warm enough on cold days!
>
> Not sure how cold you mean, but Smartwool socks do the trick in the (admittedly) not that cold SF
> Bay Area winters.
>
> Highly recommended.

I've never been too much of the retro-grouch mindset when it comes to most things. But I must say, I
bought a pair of the rbx-racer smartwool socks and loved them. In fact when I went to the bike expo
last month they were on sale at the Greg's booth and I picked up something like 5 pair of them.
Mmmm, toasty warm, and they keep warm even wet.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g Power corrupts, but intermittent power
corrupts absolutely. -- Jeff Bell, in the Scary Devil Monastery

"Chris Neary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >The problem I *do* have occasionally is keeping my feet warm enough on cold days!
>
> Not sure how cold you mean, but Smartwool socks do the
trick in the
> (admittedly) not that cold SF Bay Area winters.
>
> Highly recommended.

Yup, they're my favorites too, but only good down to just above freezing. Below that, it's plastic
wrap and/or duct tape to keep the wind out.

Matt O.