Sidi vs Vittoria shoe sizes?

Pete Biggs

Guest
Anyone have experience with both of these brands and how they compare to
each other sizewise?

What size Sidi Genius would likely be required to get the equivalent to
43.5 Vittoria Blitz?

Apologies if I've asked the same question before here but I can't find the
answer now (and would appreciate more opinions anyway). Thanks.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:
> Anyone have experience with both of these brands and how they compare
> to each other sizewise?
>
> What size Sidi Genius would likely be required to get the equivalent
> 43.5 Vittoria Blitz?
>
> Apologies if I've asked the same question before here but I can't
> find the answer now (and would appreciate more opinions anyway).
> Thanks.
>
> ~PB

If you've tried Specialized, Sidis are narrow compared with them. I had
Sidis in 45 -- too narrow. The Specialized (Comps?) are also 45, and a great
fit.

I sold the Sidis on Ebay.

Simonb wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
>
>>Anyone have experience with both of these brands and how they compare
>>to each other sizewise?
>>
>>What size Sidi Genius would likely be required to get the equivalent
>>43.5 Vittoria Blitz?
>>
>>Apologies if I've asked the same question before here but I can't
>>find the answer now (and would appreciate more opinions anyway).
>>Thanks.
>>
>>~PB

> If you've tried Specialized, Sidis are narrow compared with them. I had
> Sidis in 45 -- too narrow. The Specialized (Comps?) are also 45, and a great
> fit.
>
> I sold the Sidis on Ebay.

I have the same experience: Sidis are narrow, I need at least 0.5 more
than other shoes. Shimano and Northwave are wider, but I have no
experience with Vittoria.

in message <[email protected]>, Simonb
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Pete Biggs wrote:
>> Anyone have experience with both of these brands and how they compare
>> to each other sizewise?
>>
>> What size Sidi Genius would likely be required to get the equivalent
>> 43.5 Vittoria Blitz?
>>
>> Apologies if I've asked the same question before here but I can't
>> find the answer now (and would appreciate more opinions anyway).
>> Thanks.

> If you've tried Specialized, Sidis are narrow compared with them. I
> had Sidis in 45 -- too narrow. The Specialized (Comps?) are also 45,
> and a great fit.

Ahhh, no. I have size 7 feet, but quite broad. I have a pair of
Specialized Rockhopper Comp shoes, size 9. They're OK on a ten mile
ride but on a longer ride they hurt my feet like hell because they're
too narrow (and because the 'Body Geometry' wedge _really_ doesn't work
for me). I have a pair of gorgeous SIDI leather boots in size (I think)
7 (nothing legible inside them now, but about 1.5cm shorter than the
Specialized) and they fit like gloves and are supremely comfortable.

SIDI make more than one width. I don't know how to tell which are the
'wide' SIDIs and which are the 'narrow' SIDIs, but the wide SIDIs are
much wider (and, for me, more comfortable) than Specialized. And SIDIs
are _so_ much better made.

;; in faecibus sapiens rheum propagabit

<< What size Sidi Genius would likely be required to get the equivalent to
43.5 Vittoria Blitz? >>

Vittorias run bigger than Sidi. 44 Genius would be close in size.

"Pete Biggs" wrote ...
> Anyone have experience with both of these brands and how they compare to
> each other sizewise?
>
> What size Sidi Genius would likely be required to get the equivalent to
> 43.5 Vittoria Blitz?

I went from Vittorias (43) to Sidis (44).

JF

Mike Krueger wrote:
> << What size Sidi Genius would likely be required to get the
> equivalent to
> 43.5 Vittoria Blitz? >>
>
> Vittorias run bigger than Sidi. 44 Genius would be close in size.

Thanks very much Mike & Jim. That's what I needed to know.

cheers
~PB

> If you've tried Specialized, Sidis are narrow compared with them. I
had
> Sidis in 45 -- too narrow. The Specialized (Comps?) are also 45, and

a great
> fit.

Side has half sizes which are wider.

news:[email protected]...

Ronald wrote:

> Sidi has half sizes which are wider.

Do you mean, for example, 44.5 is just a wider version of 44, not longer
too?

~PB

From: http://www.sidiusa.com/tech/faq.html#13

WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT A HALF SIZE?
Half sizes are constructed on the same full size last of that model
but with a fuller cut, especially in the toe box area.

Mark Janeba

Mark Janeba wrote:

> Pete Biggs wrote:
>
>> Ronald wrote:
>>
>>> Sidi has half sizes which are wider.

>> Do you mean, for example, 44.5 is just a wider version of 44, not longer
>> too?

> From: http://www.sidiusa.com/tech/faq.html#13
>
> WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT A HALF SIZE?
> Half sizes are constructed on the same full size last of that model
> but with a fuller cut, especially in the toe box area.

In addition, Sidi makes the Genius road shoe and Dominator MTB shoe in
"Mega" versions that have a wide toe box compared to the heel.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area