Sidi's new winter shoes

Ivanuscg

Mar 15, 2006
Just curious if anyone has had any experiences with Sidi's new Diablo GTX or even the Hydro GTX winter shoes. I have been unable to find any reviews on these shoes. Also, has anyone tried the new Sidi toasters? Look interesting, but a bit pricey. Thanks

no experience with the Sidi but I just received my Lake winter road shoes / boots from Lickbike. Wow are they toasty. I got tired of fighting the neoprene booties and still having cold feet after an hour. The sidi seemed to open / lightweight for me.

Ivanuscg said:
Just curious if anyone has had any experiences with Sidi's new Diablo GTX
Latest issue of Bicycling Magazine has a brief review -- more like a paragraph of ebullient fanmail -- of the Diablo GTX. Needless to say, they like it a lot.

I ended up ordering SIDI's new winter shoes. Its showed up and I was unimpressed with the shoe altogether. So I sent them back and ordered the Northwave winter shoes. The fahrenheit GTX, its the new one. I've had them out twice now and am not overly impressed with the insulation. After about 45 minutes my toes were cold. The temperatures were in the mid 30's. I'm not sure what to try next, maybe to heated insoles. Hope this helps!