Sigma bc 16.12 sts

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], May 20, 2020.

1. Paul@961

[email protected] New Member

Hi everyone

My bike's computer Sigma BC16.12 STS has the "kmh" flashing all time and not measuring the speed anymore.
    Does anyone can help with this issue, how to fix it?

Thank you

Tags:

2. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Sounds like you entered the set up stage. Here is a manual to set it up. Other than that, I don't know about your computer.

If you are stuck and can't get out. Remove the battery and see if you can reprogram it from scratch. I've had to do it before with several electronic units. Not too uncommon.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/793366/Sigma-Bc-16-12.html

3. Paul@961

[email protected] New Member

Thanks For your help,
    I have tried to remove the buttery and reprogram the computer but still flashing unfortunately.

4. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with that one either, first try to reset it as others have said; but from what I found out about it, it's wireless, so you may have to pair it again to the sending unit. If that doesn't work then the sending unit may have moved and is either too far from the magnet, or not inline with the magnet, or that magnet has moved and it's not pointing at the sending unit. If that doesn't work then the battery in the sending unit may be bad.

Wireless computers are not known for long life, and the first thing to fail about 99 percent of the time is the sending unit. I've tried several brands of wireless jobs and all of mine the sending unit failed; so far the VDO has worked the longest, all my others would last an average of 3 years, the VDO is now 7 years old.