Sigma bc 16.12 sts

Paul@961

May 20, 2020
Hi everyone

My bike's computer Sigma BC16.12 STS has the "kmh" flashing all time and not measuring the speed anymore.
Does anyone can help with this issue, how to fix it?

Thank you

Thanks For your help,
I have tried to remove the buttery and reprogram the computer but still flashing unfortunately.

I'm not familiar with that one either, first try to reset it as others have said; but from what I found out about it, it's wireless, so you may have to pair it again to the sending unit. If that doesn't work then the sending unit may have moved and is either too far from the magnet, or not inline with the magnet, or that magnet has moved and it's not pointing at the sending unit. If that doesn't work then the battery in the sending unit may be bad.

Wireless computers are not known for long life, and the first thing to fail about 99 percent of the time is the sending unit. I've tried several brands of wireless jobs and all of mine the sending unit failed; so far the VDO has worked the longest, all my others would last an average of 3 years, the VDO is now 7 years old.

The "kmh" flashing on your Sigma BC16.12 STS indicates a problem with the speed sensor. Here are some steps to troubleshoot:

1. Check the magnet on your wheel spokes and the sensor on the fork. Make sure they're aligned and close enough.
2. If they are, try tightening the sensor mount screws. Sometimes, vibrations can loosen them, causing the sensor to malfunction.
3. If it still doesn't work, you might need to replace the speed sensor. They're not expensive and are readily available online.

Remember, it's crucial to keep your bike's components in good working order, especially if you're a heavier cyclist like myself. The last thing you want is a malfunctioning sensor while you're out on a ride. Happy cycling! ;)