Sigma Bc1600 Cadence Meter

BIANCHI_EURO

May 30, 2004
Hi,

My sigma BC1600 cycle computer is fitted with the optional cadence senzor. Before I never used this cadence option, but I am experimenting now.

However I found out that the value of my cadence is fluctuating in an extreme way. One moment I am at 90 rpm, the next second I am doing 239 rpm!

1. Do you have similar experiences?
2. Maybe you know a remedy?
3. What is your average for say 30km/h (30 km/h = average cycle speed for
average solo cyclist).

Thanks for answering, B ;)

BIANCHI_EURO said:
Hi,

My sigma BC1600 cycle computer is fitted with the optional cadence senzor. Before I never used this cadence option, but I am experimenting now.

However I found out that the value of my cadence is fluctuating in an extreme way. One moment I am at 90 rpm, the next second I am doing 239 rpm!

1. Do you have similar experiences?
2. Maybe you know a remedy?
3. What is your average for say 30km/h (30 km/h = average cycle speed for
average solo cyclist).

Thanks for answering, B ;)

I had a similar experience - the wires that connect the cadence sensor to the computer were loose. Make sure they are on all the way. You may need to CAREFULLY crimp the cinnectors for a snug fit. I ended up replacing the cadense sensor and the problem was solved.

Your average cadence should be somewhere between 90-110. 230 is physically imposible.

"230 is physically impossible."

BULL!! Nothing is impossible! Go for it! Keep training! 230 is within your reach!

Crash is right, I had similar problems with mine (another maker). And mine also said I was going 83 MPH, uphill.

After I tightened everything up, I kinda missed being able to do 180RPM at 83 MPH.