Sigma bike computer

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Edgar, Oct 10, 2004.

  1. John Edgar

    John Edgar Guest

    I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
    about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
    the battery needs replacing.

    Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
    the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
    the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?

    Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
    an Eastern European language.

    Thanks
    John
    In limine sapientiae

    Tags:

  2. NC

    NC Guest

    John Edgar wrote:
    > I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
    > about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
    > the battery needs replacing.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
    > the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
    > the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
    >
    > Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
    > an Eastern European language.

    Try digging around the maker's website:
    http://www.sigmasport.com/index_e.html

    I couldn't see the "300", but found a manual for the "400". No idea if its
    nearly identical in operation.

    - Nigel

  3. ningi

    ningi Guest

    NC wrote:

    > John Edgar wrote:
    >
    >>I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
    >>about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
    >>the battery needs replacing.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
    >>the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
    >>the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?

    To reset for miles, change the wheel size by the appropriate amount.

    >>Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
    >>an Eastern European language.

    > Try digging around the maker's website:
    > http://www.sigmasport.com/index_e.html
    >
    > I couldn't see the "300", but found a manual for the "400". No idea if its
    > nearly identical in operation.

    I would expect that to be mostly the same. The settings are pretty
    similar across all the models, in my experience..

    If you really get stuck, write to Sigmasport and ask for an instruction
    booklet. They sent me one for my 12 year old trip computer FOC.

    Pete

  4. "NC" <[email protected]>typed

    > John Edgar wrote:
    > > I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
    > > about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
    > > the battery needs replacing.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
    > > the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
    > > the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
    > >
    > > Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
    > > an Eastern European language.

    > Try digging around the maker's website:
    > http://www.sigmasport.com/index_e.html

    > I couldn't see the "300", but found a manual for the "400". No idea if its
    > nearly identical in operation.

    Sheldon Brown is usually helpful.
    I'll report back with a full URL.

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
    Edgware.

  5. John Edgar <[email protected]>typed

    > I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
    > about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
    > the battery needs replacing.

    > Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
    > the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
    > the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?

    > Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
    > an Eastern European language.

    > Thanks
    > John
    > In limine sapientiae

    Couldn't find instructions for the on Sheldon Brown but the rest of the
    info should be helpful

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputers/index.html

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
    Edgware.

  6. Paulmouk

    Paulmouk Guest

    Remove junk to reply
    "John Edgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
    > about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
    > the battery needs replacing.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
    > the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
    > the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
    >
    > Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
    > an Eastern European language.
    >
    > Thanks
    > John
    > In limine sapientiae

    Sigma BC 300 is on this page.
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer-calibration.html
    Paul

  7. John Edgar

    John Edgar Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:08:17 +0100, John Edgar
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
    >about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
    >the battery needs replacing.
    >
    >Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
    >the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
    >the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
    >
    >Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
    >an Eastern European language.
    >
    >Thanks
    >John
    >In limine sapientiae

    Thanks for all the replies. I got the instructions for the 400 which
    look about right so I'll use those.
    John
    In limine sapientiae