Sigma bike computer

John Edgar

Guest
I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
the battery needs replacing.

Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?

Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
an Eastern European language.

Thanks
John
In limine sapientiae

John Edgar wrote:
> I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
> about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
> the battery needs replacing.
>
> Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
> the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
> the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
>
> Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
> an Eastern European language.

Try digging around the maker's website:
http://www.sigmasport.com/index_e.html

I couldn't see the "300", but found a manual for the "400". No idea if its
nearly identical in operation.

- Nigel

NC wrote:

> John Edgar wrote:
>
>>I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
>>about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
>>the battery needs replacing.
>>
>>Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
>>the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
>>the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?

To reset for miles, change the wheel size by the appropriate amount.

>>Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
>>an Eastern European language.

> Try digging around the maker's website:
> http://www.sigmasport.com/index_e.html
>
> I couldn't see the "300", but found a manual for the "400". No idea if its
> nearly identical in operation.

I would expect that to be mostly the same. The settings are pretty
similar across all the models, in my experience..

If you really get stuck, write to Sigmasport and ask for an instruction
booklet. They sent me one for my 12 year old trip computer FOC.

Pete

"NC" <[email protected]>typed

> John Edgar wrote:
> > I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
> > about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
> > the battery needs replacing.
> >
> > Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
> > the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
> > the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
> >
> > Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
> > an Eastern European language.

> Try digging around the maker's website:
> http://www.sigmasport.com/index_e.html

> I couldn't see the "300", but found a manual for the "400". No idea if its
> nearly identical in operation.

Sheldon Brown is usually helpful.
I'll report back with a full URL.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

John Edgar <[email protected]>typed

> I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
> about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
> the battery needs replacing.

> Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
> the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
> the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?

> Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
> an Eastern European language.

> Thanks
> John
> In limine sapientiae

Couldn't find instructions for the on Sheldon Brown but the rest of the
info should be helpful

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputers/index.html

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

Remove junk to reply
"John Edgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
> about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
> the battery needs replacing.
>
> Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
> the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
> the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
>
> Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
> an Eastern European language.
>
> Thanks
> John
> In limine sapientiae

Sigma BC 300 is on this page.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer-calibration.html
Paul

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:08:17 +0100, John Edgar
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a bike computer which is called a "Sigma Sport 300" which is
>about 3 or 4 years old. I have lost the setting instructions and now
>the battery needs replacing.
>
>Does anyone know where I could download instructions for re-setting
>the mileage, and for re-calibrating for the correct wheel size when
>the battery is replaced? And how to re-set for miles?
>
>Any help really welcome. The only references I have found have been in
>an Eastern European language.
>
>Thanks
>John
>In limine sapientiae

Thanks for all the replies. I got the instructions for the 400 which
look about right so I'll use those.
John
In limine sapientiae