SIgma Computer Magnet

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jwroubaix, Aug 31, 2012.

1. jwroubaix

jwroubaix New Member

So I just got some new Vuelta wheels and now my magnet from my Sigma computer doesnt fit anymore. The spokes are too small. Can I get something for smaller spokes?

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Your LBS likely has a selection of spare magnets, like perhaps a Cateye magnet. You can also just get a rare earth magnet (Radio Shack has them) and epoxy it to a spoke.

3. jwroubaix

jwroubaix New Member

Okay, So now I got a different magnet that works with flat spokes, but the problem now is the magnet is too big and hits the sensor every time? Do they make smaller ones?

4. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

Can you move the sensor or is it built into a recess in your fork?

5. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Unless you're using a built in sensor as on a Trek or a Specialized (I think), you can move the sensor to gain the proper spacing by tilting it one way or another. Likewise, you can move the magnet farther along the spoke toward the rim which will require you to move the sensor along the chain stay toward the bottom bracket.

6. James Donovan

James Donovan New Member

you can move the magnet farther along the spoke toward the rim which will require you to move the sensor along the chain stay toward the bottom bracket.