SIgma Computer Magnet

jwroubaix

Jun 6, 2007
So I just got some new Vuelta wheels and now my magnet from my Sigma computer doesnt fit anymore. The spokes are too small. Can I get something for smaller spokes?

jwroubaix said:
So I just got some new Vuelta wheels and now my magnet from my Sigma computer doesnt fit anymore.  The spokes are too small.  Can I get something for smaller spokes?
Your LBS likely has a selection of spare magnets, like perhaps a Cateye magnet. You can also just get a rare earth magnet (Radio Shack has them) and epoxy it to a spoke.

Okay, So now I got a different magnet that works with flat spokes, but the problem now is the magnet is too big and hits the sensor every time? Do they make smaller ones?

Can you move the sensor or is it built into a recess in your fork?

Unless you're using a built in sensor as on a Trek or a Specialized (I think), you can move the sensor to gain the proper spacing by tilting it one way or another. Likewise, you can move the magnet farther along the spoke toward the rim which will require you to move the sensor along the chain stay toward the bottom bracket.

you can move the magnet farther along the spoke toward the rim which will require you to move the sensor along the chain stay toward the bottom bracket.