Sigma Sport mini pump?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jean, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Jean

    Jean Guest

    I googled the net but couldn't find any reviews of the Sigma mini pumps (lambda and/or alpha
    versions) that Nashbar sells. Does anyone have any experience with either of these mini pumps?

    Thanks,

    Jean

    Tags:

  2. Gary Young

    Gary Young Guest

    "Jean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I googled the net but couldn't find any reviews of the Sigma mini pumps (lambda and/or alpha
    > versions) that Nashbar sells. Does anyone have any experience with either of these mini pumps?

    I don't remember the model name of mine, but it's the one with the aluminum barrell and the analog
    pressure gauge. I like it. I prefer it to the Topeak Road Morphe primarily because it's small enough
    to fit in my commuting bag and because it was cheaper (got it on sale). I tried a similar design
    that Performance as a house-brand item, but the foot on that one broke after a few uses. The Sigma
    pump seems much more robust and the gauge agrees with the gauge on my floor pump at home. I have no
    trouble getting my road tires to 100 psi, though it does take more strokes than with the Road
    Morphe. If you want something compact, I'd recommend it.

  3. Jean

    Jean Guest

    "Gary Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | "Jean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    | > I googled the net but couldn't find any reviews of the Sigma mini pumps (lambda and/or alpha
    | > versions) that Nashbar sells. Does anyone have any experience with either of these mini pumps?
    |
    | I don't remember the model name of mine, but it's the one with the aluminum barrell and the analog
    | pressure gauge. I like it. I prefer it to the Topeak Road Morphe primarily because it's small
    | enough to fit in my commuting bag and because it was cheaper (got it on sale). I tried a similar
    | design that Performance as a house-brand item, but the foot on that one broke after a few uses.
    | The Sigma pump seems much more robust and the gauge agrees with the gauge on my floor pump at
    | home. I have no trouble getting my road tires to 100 psi, though it does take more strokes than
    | with the Road Morphe. If you want something compact, I'd recommend it.

    Thanks for the info !!!

    Jean