Sigma Sport Targa (Cycle 'Pooter):

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Yo folks, Anyone of you here have one of these things? Got the set-up destructions? I lost mine
during one of my recent two moves, and need them now, cos my battery just died.

Did the google thing yesterday and drew a blank, even on the Sigma web-site, which for some reason,
I couldn't get to display properly in IE?!?!?

Well, if any of you can help, it'd be appreciated, muchly - I might even say 'thanks!' ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:24:23 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Yo folks, Anyone of you here have one of these things? Got the set-up destructions? I lost mine
>during one of my recent two moves, and need them now, cos my battery just died.
>
>Did the google thing yesterday and drew a blank, even on the Sigma web-site, which for some reason,
>I couldn't get to display properly in IE?!?!?
>
>Well, if any of you can help, it'd be appreciated, muchly - I might even say 'thanks!' ',;~}~
>

>Shaun aRe

My IE worked on the Sigma Sport website. I've tried attaching the Targa pdf. HTH

P.S. Manual is in multiple languages

<ouch> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:24:23 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Yo folks, Anyone of you here have one of these things? Got the set-up destructions? I lost mine
> >during one of my recent two moves, and need
them
> >now, cos my battery just died.
> >
> >Did the google thing yesterday and drew a blank, even on the Sigma
web-site,
> >which for some reason, I couldn't get to display properly in IE?!?!?
> >
> >Well, if any of you can help, it'd be appreciated, muchly - I might even
say
> >'thanks!' ',;~}~
> >

> >Shaun aRe
> >

> My IE worked on the Sigma Sport website. I've tried attaching the Targa pdf. HTH
>
> P.S. Manual is in multiple languages

Good thing Shaun is a cunning linguist. ;^P

Mike

ouch scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:24:23 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Yo folks, Anyone of you here have one of these things? Got the set-up destructions? I lost mine
>> during one of my recent two moves, and need them now, cos my battery just died.
>>
>> Did the google thing yesterday and drew a blank, even on the Sigma web-site, which for some
>> reason, I couldn't get to display properly in IE?!?!?
>>
>> Well, if any of you can help, it'd be appreciated, muchly - I might even say 'thanks!' ',;~}~
>>

>> Shaun aRe
>>

> My IE worked on the Sigma Sport website. I've tried attaching the Targa pdf. HTH

most news servers strip attatchments. He'll need to go back to the site and dl it himself.

Penny

> P.S. Manual is in multiple languages

<snip>
>most news servers strip attatchments. He'll need to go back to the site and dl it himself.
>
>Penny

Thanks Penny,

I realised and emailed him the attachment but dont know if he got it though.

<ouch> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> >most news servers strip attatchments. He'll need to go back to the site
and
> >dl it himself.

Yup - stripped! Not a binary group this.

> >Penny
>
> Thanks Penny,
>
> I realised and emailed him the attachment but dont know if he got it though.

Thanks Ouch, no I didn't get it though? My E-mail addy is real, but we're just recovering from the
swen virus. I'll have to take another look at the site tomorrow.

Cheers again!

Shaun aRe

> <ouch> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:24:23 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > >Yo folks, Anyone of you here have one of these things? Got the
set-up
> > >destructions? I lost mine during one of my recent two moves, and need
> them
> > >now, cos my battery just died.
> > >
> > >Did the google thing yesterday and drew a blank, even on the Sigma
> web-site,
> > >which for some reason, I couldn't get to display properly in IE?!?!?
> > >
> > >Well, if any of you can help, it'd be appreciated, muchly - I might
even
> say
> > >'thanks!' ',;~}~
> > >

> > >Shaun aRe
> > >

> > My IE worked on the Sigma Sport website. I've tried attaching the Targa pdf. HTH
> >
> > P.S. Manual is in multiple languages
>
> Good thing Shaun is a cunning linguist. ;^P

Of course - I talked Kath into marrying me ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

<ouch> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> >most news servers strip attatchments. He'll need to go back to the site
and
> >dl it himself.
> >
> >Penny
>
> Thanks Penny,
>
> I realised and emailed him the attachment but dont know if he got it though.

Right - site still wouldn't work on my machine, but brought it up on someone else's, then d/l and
printed the .pdf. There's bugger all on it explaining how to 'enter' the wheel size once it is
established, how to re-set the clock, or how to re-enter total mileage after battery replacement. In
fact it says nothing about actually setting anything?!?!?!? The original had more information than
none, I'm sure.....

Shaun aRe - buggrit!

Translation: Her ******** radar was broken at the time...

"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:53:42 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> <ouch> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >set-up
> >> them

> >> web-site,

> >even
> >> say

> >> Good thing Shaun is a cunning linguist. ;^P
> >
> >Of course - I talked Kath into marrying me ',;~}~
> >

> >Shaun aRe
>
> Translation: Her ******** radar was broken at the time...

Truth: Davey missed the whole point yet again.

Shaun aRe

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:01:43 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Translation: Her ******** radar was broken at the time...
>
>Truth: Davey missed the whole point yet again.
>
>Shaun aRe

not at all....

simply math is al it took;

Rim-job + the spoken word=********..

> Right - site still wouldn't work on my machine, but brought it up on
someone
> else's, then d/l and printed the .pdf. There's bugger all on it explaining how to 'enter' the
> wheel size once it is established, how to re-set the clock, or how to re-enter total mileage
> after battery replacement. In fact it says nothing about actually setting anything?!?!?!? The
> original had
more
> information than none, I'm sure.....
>

> Shaun aRe - buggrit!

How hard can it be Shaun!

Package set_computer is

Function try_adjust_left_button return boolean is Press and hold the left button if something starts
blinking then return (true) else return(false) end try_adjust_left_button

Function try_adjust_right_button return boolean is Press and hold the right button if something
starts blinking then return (true) else return(false) end try_adjust_right_button

Function try_adjust_both_buttons return boolean is Press and hold the both buttons if something
starts blinking then return (true) else return(false) end try_adjust_left_buttons

Procedure adjust_as_required (desired_figures in number) is while figures <> desired_figures loop
press buttons end loop end adjust_as_required

Procedure skip_to_screen (var_screen_name in varchar2) is while screen_name <> var_screen_name loop
press_right_button end loop end skip_to_screen

Procedure set_function_back_after_battery_changed (var_screen_name in varchar2) is var_success
boolean begin

if screen_name <> var_screen_name then skip_to_screen(var_screen_name) end if

var_success := try_adjust_left_button if var_success then adjust_as_required else var_success :=
try_adjust_right_button if var_success then adjust_as_required else var_success :=
try_adjust_both_buttons if var_success then adjust_as_required else raise buggered_if_I_know end if
end if; end if;

end set_back_after_battery_changed

procedure set_all_functions is

set_function_back_after_battery_changed(wheel_size) set_function_back_after_battery_changed(time)
set_function_back_after_battery_changed(Odometer)

end set_all_functions

end set_computer

HTH!

Steve.

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Right - site still wouldn't work on my machine, but brought it up on
> someone
> > else's, then d/l and printed the .pdf. There's bugger all on it
explaining
> > how to 'enter' the wheel size once it is established, how to re-set the clock, or how to
> > re-enter total mileage after battery replacement. In
fact
> > it says nothing about actually setting anything?!?!?!? The original had
> more
> > information than none, I'm sure.....
> >

> > Shaun aRe - buggrit!
> >

> How hard can it be Shaun!
>

> Package set_computer is
>
> Function try_adjust_left_button return boolean is Press and hold the left button if something
> starts blinking then return (true) else return(false) end try_adjust_left_button
>
> Function try_adjust_right_button return boolean is Press and hold the right button if something
> starts blinking then return (true) else return(false) end try_adjust_right_button
>
> Function try_adjust_both_buttons return boolean is Press and hold the both buttons if something
> starts blinking then return (true) else return(false) end try_adjust_left_buttons
>
> Procedure adjust_as_required (desired_figures in number) is while figures <> desired_figures loop
> press buttons end loop end adjust_as_required
>
> Procedure skip_to_screen (var_screen_name in varchar2) is while screen_name <> var_screen_name
> loop press_right_button end loop end skip_to_screen
>
> Procedure set_function_back_after_battery_changed (var_screen_name in varchar2) is var_success
> boolean begin
>
> if screen_name <> var_screen_name then skip_to_screen(var_screen_name) end if
>
> var_success := try_adjust_left_button if var_success then adjust_as_required else var_success :=
> try_adjust_right_button if var_success then adjust_as_required else var_success :=
> try_adjust_both_buttons if var_success then adjust_as_required else raise buggered_if_I_know end
> if end if; end if;
>
> end set_back_after_battery_changed
>
> procedure set_all_functions is
>
> set_function_back_after_battery_changed(wheel_size) set_function_back_after_battery_changed(time)
> set_function_back_after_battery_changed(Odometer)
>
> end set_all_functions
>
> end set_computer
>
> HTH!

Not really Steve - there are no left and right buttons, just a top and bottom one, and one of those
you poke with a pen on the back. Plus, and this is very improtant, WTF is a boolean?!?!?!?!?

> Steve.

Well, you should know if that's you or not.

Shaun aRe

"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:01:43 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> Translation: Her ******** radar was broken at the time...
> >
> >Truth: Davey missed the whole point yet again.
> >
> >Shaun aRe
> >

> not at all....
>
> simply math is al it took;
>
> Rim-job + the spoken word=********..

Oh dear, my already non-existent credibility is destroyed! Heheheheh, you'll never learn ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

In article <[email protected]>, Shaun Rimmer
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Yo folks, Anyone of you here have one of these things? Got the set-up destructions? I lost mine
> during one of my recent two moves, and need them now, cos my battery just died.
>
> Did the google thing yesterday and drew a blank, even on the Sigma web-site, which for some
> reason, I couldn't get to display properly in IE?!?!?
>
> Well, if any of you can help, it'd be appreciated, muchly - I might even say 'thanks!' ',;~}~

http://www.sigmasport.com/html/produkte/bikecomputer/alteanleitungen/e_a eltere_anleitungen.html

"fiend999" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:280920030846487943%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Shaun Rimmer
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Yo folks, Anyone of you here have one of these things? Got the
set-up
> > destructions? I lost mine during one of my recent two moves, and need
them
> > now, cos my battery just died.
> >
> > Did the google thing yesterday and drew a blank, even on the Sigma
web-site,
> > which for some reason, I couldn't get to display properly in IE?!?!?
> >
> > Well, if any of you can help, it'd be appreciated, muchly - I might even
say
> > 'thanks!' ',;~}~
> >

> http://www.sigmasport.com/html/produkte/bikecomputer/alteanleitungen/e_a eltere_anleitungen.html

Thanks Fiend, but I managed to sort it out this weekend, just 'winging it'.

Cheers!

Shaun aRe