Sigma Sports cadence sensor

Special ed

Jul 23, 2005
I've got an older Sigma Sports BC 1200 computer. If I have it hooked up, without the sensor or magnet on bike, and wave the magnet past the sensor it reads, but once I zip tie everything up, it stops reading. I called SS and they're sending me a new cadence kit so we'll see how that goes. Has anyone heard of this? I have A '99 'Goose Pro Ti frame and Dura Ace. The front wheel sensor works fine and the cadence sensor/magnet are practcally touching! What gives?

Special ed said:
I've got an older Sigma Sports BC 1200 computer. If I have it hooked up, without the sensor or magnet on bike, and wave the magnet past the sensor it reads, but once I zip tie everything up, it stops reading. I called SS and they're sending me a new cadence kit so we'll see how that goes. Has anyone heard of this? I have A '99 'Goose Pro Ti frame and Dura Ace. The front wheel sensor works fine and the cadence sensor/magnet are practcally touching! What gives?
sounds like typical sigma sport. i have never had good luck with them and we use to get atleast 25% of them returned since they always had problems. We eventually stopped selling them. It is unfortunate since they seem like a good product and have lots of great features..