Sign up for workshops 2004!

Carol McLean

Guest
Hi.

I need more volunteers to lead workshops at NAUCC beginning at 4 p.m. on
Tuesday, July 13.

We'll be playing lots of games in the gym that evening, but we can run
some workshops too. There will be workshops at various other times
during the convention, from Wednesday through Sunday.

Even if you aren't an "expert," please sign up to lead a workshop or
two. It's all about sharing information, so if you can help get a group
organized, that would be great.

We'll be using a daily message board during the convention to announce
times and places for workshops.

Here's a list of some of the sessions we'll run if we can. Many still
need leaders. Please let me know if you can help out and when.

If you're interested in attending any of these, please respond here or
send me an e-mail. I'll try to notify you of the workshop time and place
once NAUCC begins if I know you're interested in attending.

If you have other ideas for workshops and discussions, please let me
know.

e-mail address: [email protected]

Active workshop sessions:

1. Learning New Freemounts

2. Backwards, One-footing

3. Wheel walking

4. Spins, pirouettes, other skills

5. Skill Testing

6. Innovations in Unicycling -- new or bizarre unicycles

7. Maintenance -- how to change a tire, proper air pressure, making air
seats, best crank length

8. Teaching Friends, Spouses, Kids to Ride -- all beginners welcome to
participate as guinea pigs

9. Parade Routines -- successful formations, new formations, audience
appeal

10. Preparing an Individual Artistic Freestyle Routine -- music,
choreography

11. Pairs Riding -- new moves, using music, choreography, preparing
routines

12. Group Routines -- formations, new ideas

13. Hockey and Basketball -- how to play, tips and strategies

14. Other Games -- Quidditch, Sumo

15. Riding a U Wheel or Coasting Wheel

16. Juggling and Riding

17. Trials moves

18. Swap Meet: T-shirts, collectibles, equipment, whatever

Discussions (sit-down sessions)

1. How to Start a Club

2. Club Issues -- Keeping Riders Challenged, Insurance Issues,
Performing, Financial Issues

3. How to Keep Riders Motivated with Games and Incentives

4. New Skills Development System -- Overview and New Skills Handbook,
Rider Tier: Beginners, Technical Division, Artistic Division, other new
divisions including Tall, U Wheel, and Juggling; Expert Tier and
Championship Club

5. Standard Skill -- increasing participation

6. Racing -- shortening the time needed for the events

7. Future events -- Planning regional events, NAUCC for the future,
Unicon, and other events

8. USA Communication -- using e-mail, web site updates, newsletter

9. USA Merchandise -- new products

10. USA Rulebook -- updates

11. USA Committees Review -- bylaws, recruiting volunteers, new
committees, membership requirements, budgeting, expenses, long-range
plans

12. USA Affiliates -- affiliation requirements, maintaining affiliates
lists, providing more support to affiliates

--
Carol McLean - Likes Pedal Pushers
Carol McLean's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3302

I’ll be fascinated with anything, assuming that my membership comes
through in time.

I plan to attend:
1. Learning New Freemounts

2. Backwards, One-footing

And any other novice workshops I hear about, especially idling and
hopping.

I'm to new to teach anything except helping newbies learn to ride.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

Carol McLean wrote:
> *Brian,
>
> I'll take that as an "I'll help with the Teaching People to Ride"
> workshop. You're in.*

Oops, better watch it with this one guys - she's sharp, quick and takes
names!:eek: :eek: :D

I'll help where I can, but I am not awfully good.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

Brian,

Your USA, Inc. membership application dated June 17, 2004 was received
June 21. It was processed by the Treasurer and sent to the Vice
President on Saturday, June 27. The Vice President will be send out your
membership card after he enters your information into our membership
database.

You do not need to have your membership card in your hands before you
come to Salt Lake City. We had not received your registration for NAUCC
2004 as of Saturday, June 27.

Tom Daniels
President, Unicycling Society of America, Inc.

--
tadaniels - USA President
tadaniels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/352

tadaniels wrote:
> *Brian,
>
> Your USA, Inc. membership application dated June 17, 2004 was received
> June 21. It was processed by the Treasurer and sent to the Vice
> President on Saturday, June 27. The Vice President will be send out
> your membership card after he enters your information into our
> membership database.
>
> You do not need to have your membership card in your hands before you
> come to Salt Lake City. We had not received your registration for
> NAUCC 2004 as of Saturday, June 27.
>

> Tom Daniels
> President, Unicycling Society of America, Inc. *

Thanks Tom.
As far as NAUCC, at that time I still wasn't sure I'd be going and,
since I ain't good enough in *any :eek: * thing to compete, I wasn't
worried about the competitors price increase.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

Eveyone is good enough to compete at a unicycle convention. We will
always be about having fun. We have everything from the top champions to
the first-timers, and something for everyone.

I wanted to bump this one back to the top. I amost didn't even see it!
If you're coming to NAUCC in Salt Lake City, please get involved in the
workshops. Share skills you have, or c'mon down and check out what
others are offering. There is much to see, learn and do! Some of these
workshops are just thinly veiled games and other participation stuff
too.

Like the Sumo workshop I will probably conduct...

All you folks in Utah, Colorado, Idaho and otherwise within a day's
driving distance, if you're not going to Japan, you should not miss this
event! It's nothing like anything else you've ever been to. It's every
kind of unicycling, all in one place where you get to see, experience,
and try all sorts of things. You will meet all kinds of interesting
people. NAUCC may not return to this part of the country for many, many
years. The USA has been doing this for over 30 years, and this is the
first convention in this whole section of the country. Come on down!

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Beer me." -- Scot Cooper, at the end of a group ride all the way up and
all the way down Mt. Diablo (3300'), a 20 mile round trip of road and
trail.