Signs of Spring

Craig Brossman

Guest
Why is it every time I get ready for a little R&R, some sort of work crisis comes up? Since I
couldn't sleep very well, I got up early and went thru my email. I think I fixed the problem late
last evening, just wanted to see how the customer's testing was going. Checked my email, made a few
phone calls, sent a few messages and hopped in the hot tub for a quick soak. I don't have it too
bad, I live in the mountains outside of Durango at 7,800 ft, pretty private lots, the hot tub looks
out over ponderosa forests and mountains in the distance. What was that? Haven't heard that in a
long time. It was a hummingbird (a very distinctive sound). Spring must really be on its way. That
and I'm almost packed to leave for the Fruita Fat Tire Festival. Yeah ... another sign of spring.

This is the first time I've been in several years, it was always fun in the past, ride, watch
hockey, ride, drink, ride, hang out ... If you have not been to one of these before (and you are
pretty social as I am) I highly recommend it. Lots of like-minded folks, just good clean fun, plenty
of riding and new things to do and learn. And if you are in the market for a new ride, a great
opportunity to demo all sorts of bikes, several in one day if you are so inclined. And as an added
bonus, I'm going with the Mrs. this year, and we are ready! (already have about 500 miles on our
bikes between mountain and road this season, and months of spinning to back that up). She has never
ridden in Fruita, it will be fun to have her on trails which are new to her, even if they are
popular during the festival.

Spring is here baby, and I'm outta here. Have a great weekend!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Why is it every time I get ready for a little R&R, some sort of work
crisis
> comes up? Since I couldn't sleep very well, I got up early and went thru my email. I think I fixed
> the problem late last evening, just wanted to see how the customer's testing was going. Checked my
> email, made a few phone calls, sent a few messages and hopped
in
> the hot tub for a quick soak. I don't have it too bad, I live in the mountains outside of
> Durango at
7,800
> ft, pretty private lots, the hot tub looks out over ponderosa forests and mountains in the
> distance. What was that? Haven't heard that in a long time. It was a hummingbird (a very
> distinctive sound). Spring must really be on its way. That and I'm almost packed to leave for the
> Fruita Fat Tire Festival. Yeah ... another sign of spring.
>
> This is the first time I've been in several years, it was always fun in
the
> past, ride, watch hockey, ride, drink, ride, hang out ... If you have not been to one of these
> before (and you are pretty social as I am) I highly recommend it. Lots of like-minded folks, just
> good clean fun, plenty of riding and new things to do and learn. And if you are in the market for
> a new ride, a great opportunity to demo all sorts of bikes, several in one
day
> if you are so inclined. And as an added bonus, I'm going with the Mrs. this year, and we are
ready!
> (already have about 500 miles on our bikes between mountain and road this season, and months of
> spinning to back that up). She has never ridden in Fruita, it will be fun to have her on trails
> which are new to her, even if they are popular during the festival.
>
> Spring is here baby, and I'm outta here. Have a great weekend!
>
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

We will see you here.

TJ

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Spring is here baby, and I'm outta here. Have a great weekend!

A good start would be.... a few miles on an empty desert singletrack with views of a few mountain
ranges at the apex. Yeah, that would be good.

JD