silca floor pump

Status

Joseph S.

Guest
my silca super pista floor pump ( about 5 yrs. old ) has become difficult on the up stroke. it feels
like it's clog wherever it pulls air from but I can't figure out where that is. I removed cleaned
and lubricated what looked like a check valve but that didn't help. Can you help. Thanks.

Joseph S.

"Joseph S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> my silca super pista floor pump ( about 5 yrs. old ) has become difficult
on
> the up stroke. it feels like it's clog wherever it pulls air from but I can't figure out where
> that is. I removed cleaned and lubricated what
looked
> like a check valve but that didn't help. Can you help. Thanks.

Pull out the piston and clean it, then work in some leather moisturizing product, whatever you have
handy (neatsfoot oil, Proofhide, etc). Jobst says machine oil, which would prbably work too.

>Pull out the piston and clean it, then work in some leather moisturizing product, whatever you have
>handy (neatsfoot oil, Proofhide, etc). Jobst says machine oil, which would prbably work too.

I use grease. I've always thought that there was a chance of the oil droplets getting into the tube
and rotting it, but then again I date from the days of latex tubes. Phil Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.