Silent Dr. Nath: BPI malpractice suits as prevention

Todd Gastaldo

Guest
PREGNANT WOMEN: Obstetricians are closing birth canals up to
30%. It's EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra"
up to 30%. See the very end of this post.

BPI: SILENT DR. NATH

Allison Steigerwalt writes:

"It seems that many of Dr Nath's patients are from NY, NJ,
and PA. Makes one wonder where these ob's are getting their
training on how to handle shoulder dystocia?" http://lists.-
topica.com/lists/erbs/read/message.html?mid=808739528

DR. NATH'S OBSTETRICIAN PEERS ARE KNOWINGLY CLOSING BIRTH
CANALS UP TO 30%. (See ACOG birth crime video evidence,
URL below.)

DS. NATH'S OBSTETRICIAN PEERS ARE **KEEPING** BIRTH CANALS
CLOSED WHEN BABIES' SHOULDERS GET STUCK.

DT. NATH'S OBSTETRICIAN PEERS ARE PARALYZING BABIES -
SENDING HIM BPI BUSINESS.

DU. NATH IS SILENT.

DV. NATH'S SILENCE PERPETUATES CHILD ABUSE.

DW. NATH'S SILENCE *IS* CHILD ABUSE. (See the end of
this post.)

TO MOTHERS OF BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURED BABIES...

DX. Nath is a FINE BPI surgeon - probably the finest in
America (see below)...

...but Dr. Nath should be informing you of the following -
especially if you are suing your OB...

If you gave birth on your back or on your butt (dorsal or
semisitting) the OB closed your birth canal up to 30%.

If your baby experienced shoulder dystocia, it is possible -
even probable - that your OB KEPT your birth canal closed up
to 30% **with more force**. See "the kicker" below...

FACT: Obstetricians are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals
up to 30%.

The simple CLOSING ("decreasing diameter") biomechanics are
openly stated by British National Health Service/NHS West
Midlands Perinatal Institute/WMPI/Jason Gardosi, MD,
Director who writes of the semirecumbent delivery position
(semisitting):

"...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the sacrum
which is therefore pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-
posterior diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

In ACOG's Shoulder Dystocia Drill video, American MDs
purport to tell each other how to allow birth canals to open
maximally when shoulders get stuck - which means MDs know
they are CLOSING birth canals most of the time.

THE KICKER...

ACOG's method of allowing the birth canal to open actually
keeps it closed!

list/message/2300

The obvious crime is also indirectly admitted in The
Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are
hyperflexed to increase the diameter of the pelvic
outlet..." http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section18-
/chapter253/253g.jsp

I recently wrote to Merck:

ATTENTION MERCK MANUAL EDITORS Robert Berkow, MD and Mark H.
Beers, MD...

Arrrggghhhh! Sorry to get E-motional but...

Why don't MDs increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet
BEFORE baby's shoulders get stuck?

Why are MDs violently PUSHING on tiny spines (with Cytotec,
oxytocin, PGE2) and gruesomely PULLING on tiny spines (with
hands, forceps, vacuums) - with birth canals senselessly
closed up to 30%?

Sometimes MDs pull so hard they rip spinal nerves out of
tiny spinal cords!

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal
senselessly closed up to 30%!

Back when I notified you of this grisly birth gaff in
1999...

list/message/150

I erroneously thought MDs were rolling women off their sacra
when hyperflexing the mother's thighs...

GOOD vs. BAD McROBERTS MANEUVER

HOW **NOT** TO DO McROBERTS MANEUVER...

BAD ("proper") McRoberts maneuver (i.e., leaving the mother
on her sacrum as her hips are flexed) gets the baby out
because it helps the mother push better - but -
unfortunately - it keeps the birth canal CLOSED.

NOTE: I call BAD McRoberts "proper" McRoberts because
the US Navy obstetrician Robert Gherman, MD said
he was doing McRoberts "properly" as he radiated
fetuses in a lame attempt to cover-up the obvious
obstetric crime.

See What is Erb's?/Dr. Hein on Erb's & Gherman/Erb's class
action http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2349

GOOD ("improper") McRoberts maneuver gets the baby out
because it too helps the mother push better but it ALSO
rolls the mother off her sacrum thereby allowing the
entering wedge - the baby - to OPEN the pelvic outlet
maximally.

GOOD ("improper") McRoberts maneuver is the obvious choice
since it allows the baby to OPEN the pelvic outlet...

Yet MDs are teaching themselves BAD ("proper")
McRoberts maneuver!

I say again:

ACOG's method of allowing the birth canal to open actually
keeps it closed!

list/message/2300

ACOG = American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

DY. NATH'S SILENCE IS PARTICULARLY GALLING BECAUSE...

Rahul K. Nath, MD was PEER-NOMINATED as America's Top Doctor
in Pediatric Brachial Plexus Management^^^

^^^Crown Connelly Publishers survey
http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/surgeon/index.asp

DZ. Nath says on his website:

"25,000 lives per year are affected by Brachial Plexus
[Injury]...Most come to us for help."
http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com

DZ. Nath could inform MANY obstetricians and patients!

But Dr. Nath is silent.

WHY?

I'll copy this email to Dr. Nath at: [email protected]

Here is my previous Open Letter to Dr. Nath - yet
unanswered.

list/message/2291)

Rahul K. Nath, MD 1102 Bates St., Suite 950 Feigin Center
Houston, TX 77030 Phone 832-824-3193 Fax 832-825-3114
[email protected]

Rahul,

MDs have "an ethical obligation to prevent harm." --Clarence
Braddock III, MD, MPH http://www.ama-
assn.org/ama/pub/category/4382.html

Since you list "difficult delivery" risk factors for
obstetric brachial plexus injuries ("large size, use of
forceps or vacuum, and shoulder dystocia")...
http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/injury/children.asp

Since it is "established obstetric teaching that a narrow
pelvic outlet predisposes to a difficult vaginal
delivery..." --Dr. Andrea Froschauer-Frudinger et al. [Br J
Obstet Gynaecol 2002;109(11):1207-12]

[Since d]ifficult deliveries caused by obstetricians
senselessly narrowing pelvic outlets (see the postscript)
are likely causing some obstetric brachial plexus injuries.

Please meet your ethical obligation to prevent that which
you treat.

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

DZ. Gastaldo [email protected]

I'll copy this email to to birth trauma attorney Kathleen T.
Zellner, JD via [email protected]

Here is my previous Open Letter to Attorney Kathleen - yet
unanswered...

ATTY KATHLEEN ZELLNER'S BIRTH TRAUMA JACKPOTS!

"$3,000,000...for a brachial plexus injury that occurred at
birth resulting in partial paralysis of her right hand and
arm." http://www.kathleentzellner.com/verdicts.html

list/message/2290)

Kathleen T. Zellner, JD 1717 North Naper Boulevard Suite 203
Naperville, Illinois 60563 [email protected]

Kathy,

I think your birth trauma jackpots would SKYROCKET if you
started telling juries that MDs are senselessly closing
birth canals up to 30%.

Since MDs won't stop of their own accord...

Since DAs are dragging their feet...

list/message/2289

WHY NOT A CLASS ACTION? Maybe you could stop the grisly mass
obstetric travesty with a class action lawsuit.

At the very least, you could add "Birth on back or butt -
dorsal or semisitting" to your brachial plexus injury risk
factors... http://www.kathleentzellner.com/brachial.html

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

DZ. Gastaldo [email protected]

ALSO SILENT...

Chicago birth injury attorney ANTHONY MANCINI

Attorney Anthony says:

"Cephalopelvic disproportion, the size and shape of the
mother's pelvis is not adequate for the baby to be born
vaginally.."
http://www.mancinilaw.com/site/epage/13379_413.htm

When Attorney Anthony posted to [email protected], I wrote

"Anthony...Why not be the first birth injury attorney to
tell the world that OBs are CAUSING cephalopelvic
disproportion?" http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs/read/mes-
sage.html?mid=808724848

Attorney Anthony hasn't replied...

ALSO SILENT...

Meris Chang, PT, Director Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Georgetown University Hospital 3800 Reservoir Road, NW Room
CG 12, Ground Floor, Bles Bldg Washington, DC 20008-2187

Meris Chang, PT - a health professional of 42 years - says
she wants to help parents of brachial plexus injured
parents...

that pays the medical expenses of babies injured at birth...

Meris wrote "It behooves us":

"...It behooves all of us to be aware of Federal and local
legislation that impacts on financing of services. It is
essential to be pro-active and active politically. As a
health professional of 42 years I know that legislation has
changed the face of health care in this in this country for
its citizens as much, if not more so.than scientific
discoveries. This is especially true if you consider that
legislation such as Medical Assistance, Medicare, Managed
Care Health Insurance and the lack of a national health plan
has affected all of us directly or indirectly." http://list-
s.topica.com/lists/erbs/read/message.html?mid=808745586

Meris! It behooves us to get pro-active about the fact that
OBs are closing birth canals!

It behooves us to get that **Virginia program** pro-active
about the fact that OBs are closing birth canals!

That Virginia program is a boondoggle for birth-canal-
closing obstetricians!

I recently wrote:

ATTENTION Virginia MD-obstetricians: You are unnecessarily
harming babies and sending some to the Virginia Workers'
Compensation Commission...You are unnecessarily draining
money from the system to pay for your obvious negligence.

AN OBSTETRICIAN BOONDOGGLE...

Part of the "ad" for Virginia's no-fault birth injury
program...

"No Expensive & Time Consuming Court Case - Through this
unique program, should a qualifying birth-injury occur, you
would not face an expensive and possibly difficult court
case. You also do not have to spend hours or days out of the
office. Qualifying births are handled administratively
through the Virginia Workers' Compensation
Commission....When you participate, you are entitled by law
to a malpractice coverage credit from your insurance
company. This credit varies by each insurance carrier,
however, in many cases it covers most or all of the cost of
participating in the Birth-Injury Program...As a no-fault
program, qualifying events are not reported to the National
Practitioner Database."
http://www.vabirthinjury.com/obgyn_physicians2.htm

MD-obstetricians: If you must push or pull - and sometimes
you must - FIRST get women off their backs/butts. During
delivery, women should not be made to close their birth
canals up to 30%.

Final note: One of the most important lessons learned at
chiropractic college is when NOT to manipulate the spine.
The most prolific spinal manipulators - MD-obstetricians
- should NOT be manipulating tiny spines with birth
canals closed.

See Workers' Comp for birth injuries (in Trigon/Anthem
country) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2260

See also: Rule 302, Birth and Trigon/Anthem (Glasscock) -
and ACOG's Willett LeHew, MD http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2252

In the birth industry - SILENCE *IS* GOLDEN - but only from
the perspective of BPI surgeons and OBs - as OBs knowingly
close birth canals and harm babies.

LEGALLY, CLOSING THE BIRTH CANAL SHOULD BE REPORTED AS
CHILD ABUSE

Since failure to report child abuse perpetuates child
abuse....failure to report child abuse is also a crime.

DZ. Nath's silence constitutes child abuse.

DZ. Nath does pediatric surgery so maybe that makes him a
pediatrician...

One pediatrician wrote in 1986:

"What a terrible indictment...guilty of failing those for
whom we have chosen to be advocates." [Finkel KC: The
failure to report child abuse. AJDC, 1986;140:329-330]

Yes - a terrible indictment - no prosecution yet - so the
mass birth-canal-closing child abuse continues.

I'll again cc my old roommate from UCLA, assistant DA Bill
Hodgman and his boss LA County DA Steve Cooley via
[email protected]

On last note...

To speed an end to the mass suffering of babies, I am in
favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just academic
prime cuts forced through this culture's most powerful
mental meatgrinder - medical school.

MDs can't simply stop their grisly massive obstetric crime -
because stopping it would be tantamount to admitting it.

Pardons in advance for MDs would allow them to keep doing
their valid medical work to make money to pay the inevitable
civil damages...

Civil or criminal - attorneys could probably end the massive
obstetric crime most quickly.

Attorneys could save tiny lives and tiny limbs and PREVENT
more vertebral subluxations than DCs will ever be able to
adjust by hand.

PREGNANT WOMEN: To allow your birth canals to open the
"extra" up to 30%, all you have to do is roll onto your side
as you push your baby out - or go to hands-and-knees,
kneeling, kneeling on one knee, standing, squatting -
virtually ANY delivery position will do the trick EXCEPT
dorsal or semisitting - both of which close the birth canal.
Talk to your obstetricians and CNMwives about this TODAY...

WARNING: Some MDs and CNMwives will let you "try" an
"alternative" delivery position but will move you back to
semisitting or dorsal (close your birth canal!) for the
actual delivery!

list/message/2300

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

DZ. Gastaldo [email protected]

This article will be instantly archived for global access
at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2357

Within 24 hours it will be in the Google groups archive.
Search http://groups.google.com for "Silent Dr. Nath: BPI
malpractice suits as prevention"

I have noticed that you have posted many msgs on this
subject.

Why?

Todd Gastaldo wrote:
> [...]
> kneeling, kneeling on one knee, standing, squatting -
> virtually ANY delivery position will do the trick EXCEPT
> dorsal or semisitting - both of which close the birth
> canal. Talk to your obstetricians and CNMwives about this
> TODAY...
>
> WARNING: Some MDs and CNMwives will let you "try" an
> "alternative" delivery position but will move you back to
> semisitting or dorsal (close your birth canal!) for the
> actual delivery!

> list/message/2300
>

> Thanks for reading everyone.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Todd
>
> Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]
>
> This article will be instantly archived for global access
> at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
> list/message/2357
>
> Within 24 hours it will be in the Google groups archive.

Whereever Western obstetricians practice or influence birth
practice, babies are forced through (pushed and pulled
through) birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%.

An estimated 4.6% of "healthy" term babies are born with
unexplained brain bleeds.

Others are born with unexplained paralysis.

And there are the unexplained DEATHS. Australian
obstetrician Norman Beischer, MD has guessed that 10 to 15%
of stillbirths were just fine right before delivery.

With OBs blithely closing thousands of birth canals per
day, the least I can do is post once a day publicly inform
an MD or attorney what is happening - and (perhaps most
importantly given MD/attorney foot-dragging) to tell women
how they can allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra"
up to 30%.

Thanks for posting.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

"Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have noticed that you have posted many msgs on this
> subject.
>
> Why?

<SNIP>