Silent Dr. Nath: BPI malpractice suits as prevention

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Todd Gastaldo, Mar 10, 2004.

  1. PREGNANT WOMEN: Obstetricians are closing birth canals up to
    30%. It's EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra"
    up to 30%. See the very end of this post.

    BPI: SILENT DR. NATH

    Allison Steigerwalt writes:

    "It seems that many of Dr Nath's patients are from NY, NJ,
    and PA. Makes one wonder where these ob's are getting their
    training on how to handle shoulder dystocia?" http://lists.-
    topica.com/lists/erbs/read/message.html?mid=808739528

    DR. NATH'S OBSTETRICIAN PEERS ARE KNOWINGLY CLOSING BIRTH
    CANALS UP TO 30%. (See ACOG birth crime video evidence,
    URL below.)

    DS. NATH'S OBSTETRICIAN PEERS ARE **KEEPING** BIRTH CANALS
    CLOSED WHEN BABIES' SHOULDERS GET STUCK.

    DT. NATH'S OBSTETRICIAN PEERS ARE PARALYZING BABIES -
    SENDING HIM BPI BUSINESS.

    DU. NATH IS SILENT.

    DV. NATH'S SILENCE PERPETUATES CHILD ABUSE.

    DW. NATH'S SILENCE *IS* CHILD ABUSE. (See the end of
    this post.)

    TO MOTHERS OF BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURED BABIES...

    DX. Nath is a FINE BPI surgeon - probably the finest in
    America (see below)...

    ...but Dr. Nath should be informing you of the following -
    especially if you are suing your OB...

    If you gave birth on your back or on your butt (dorsal or
    semisitting) the OB closed your birth canal up to 30%.

    If your baby experienced shoulder dystocia, it is possible -
    even probable - that your OB KEPT your birth canal closed up
    to 30% **with more force**. See "the kicker" below...

    FACT: Obstetricians are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals
    up to 30%.

    The simple CLOSING ("decreasing diameter") biomechanics are
    openly stated by British National Health Service/NHS West
    Midlands Perinatal Institute/WMPI/Jason Gardosi, MD,
    Director who writes of the semirecumbent delivery position
    (semisitting):

    "...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the sacrum
    which is therefore pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-
    posterior diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
    http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

    In ACOG's Shoulder Dystocia Drill video, American MDs
    purport to tell each other how to allow birth canals to open
    maximally when shoulders get stuck - which means MDs know
    they are CLOSING birth canals most of the time.

    THE KICKER...

    ACOG's method of allowing the birth canal to open actually
    keeps it closed!

    list/message/2300

    The obvious crime is also indirectly admitted in The
    Merck Manual:

    "When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are
    hyperflexed to increase the diameter of the pelvic
    outlet..." http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section18-
    /chapter253/253g.jsp

    I recently wrote to Merck:

    ATTENTION MERCK MANUAL EDITORS Robert Berkow, MD and Mark H.
    Beers, MD...

    Arrrggghhhh! Sorry to get E-motional but...

    Why don't MDs increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet
    BEFORE baby's shoulders get stuck?

    Why are MDs violently PUSHING on tiny spines (with Cytotec,
    oxytocin, PGE2) and gruesomely PULLING on tiny spines (with
    hands, forceps, vacuums) - with birth canals senselessly
    closed up to 30%?

    Sometimes MDs pull so hard they rip spinal nerves out of
    tiny spinal cords!

    ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal
    senselessly closed up to 30%!

    Back when I notified you of this grisly birth gaff in
    1999...

    list/message/150

    I erroneously thought MDs were rolling women off their sacra
    when hyperflexing the mother's thighs...

    GOOD vs. BAD McROBERTS MANEUVER

    HOW **NOT** TO DO McROBERTS MANEUVER...

    BAD ("proper") McRoberts maneuver (i.e., leaving the mother
    on her sacrum as her hips are flexed) gets the baby out
    because it helps the mother push better - but -
    unfortunately - it keeps the birth canal CLOSED.

    NOTE: I call BAD McRoberts "proper" McRoberts because
    the US Navy obstetrician Robert Gherman, MD said
    he was doing McRoberts "properly" as he radiated
    fetuses in a lame attempt to cover-up the obvious
    obstetric crime.

    See What is Erb's?/Dr. Hein on Erb's & Gherman/Erb's class
    action http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2349

    GOOD ("improper") McRoberts maneuver gets the baby out
    because it too helps the mother push better but it ALSO
    rolls the mother off her sacrum thereby allowing the
    entering wedge - the baby - to OPEN the pelvic outlet
    maximally.

    GOOD ("improper") McRoberts maneuver is the obvious choice
    since it allows the baby to OPEN the pelvic outlet...

    Yet MDs are teaching themselves BAD ("proper")
    McRoberts maneuver!

    I say again:

    ACOG's method of allowing the birth canal to open actually
    keeps it closed!

    list/message/2300

    ACOG = American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

    DY. NATH'S SILENCE IS PARTICULARLY GALLING BECAUSE...

    Rahul K. Nath, MD was PEER-NOMINATED as America's Top Doctor
    in Pediatric Brachial Plexus Management^^^

    ^^^Crown Connelly Publishers survey
    http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/surgeon/index.asp

    DZ. Nath says on his website:

    "25,000 lives per year are affected by Brachial Plexus
    [Injury]...Most come to us for help."
    http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com

    DZ. Nath could inform MANY obstetricians and patients!

    But Dr. Nath is silent.

    WHY?

    I'll copy this email to Dr. Nath at: [email protected]

    Here is my previous Open Letter to Dr. Nath - yet
    unanswered.

    list/message/2291)

    Rahul K. Nath, MD 1102 Bates St., Suite 950 Feigin Center
    Houston, TX 77030 Phone 832-824-3193 Fax 832-825-3114
    [email protected]

    Rahul,

    MDs have "an ethical obligation to prevent harm." --Clarence
    Braddock III, MD, MPH http://www.ama-
    assn.org/ama/pub/category/4382.html

    Since you list "difficult delivery" risk factors for
    obstetric brachial plexus injuries ("large size, use of
    forceps or vacuum, and shoulder dystocia")...
    http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/injury/children.asp

    Since it is "established obstetric teaching that a narrow
    pelvic outlet predisposes to a difficult vaginal
    delivery..." --Dr. Andrea Froschauer-Frudinger et al. [Br J
    Obstet Gynaecol 2002;109(11):1207-12]

    [Since d]ifficult deliveries caused by obstetricians
    senselessly narrowing pelvic outlets (see the postscript)
    are likely causing some obstetric brachial plexus injuries.

    Please meet your ethical obligation to prevent that which
    you treat.

    Thanks for reading,

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    DZ. Gastaldo [email protected]

    I'll copy this email to to birth trauma attorney Kathleen T.
    Zellner, JD via [email protected]

    Here is my previous Open Letter to Attorney Kathleen - yet
    unanswered...

    ATTY KATHLEEN ZELLNER'S BIRTH TRAUMA JACKPOTS!

    "$3,000,000...for a brachial plexus injury that occurred at
    birth resulting in partial paralysis of her right hand and
    arm." http://www.kathleentzellner.com/verdicts.html

    list/message/2290)

    Kathleen T. Zellner, JD 1717 North Naper Boulevard Suite 203
    Naperville, Illinois 60563 [email protected]

    Kathy,

    I think your birth trauma jackpots would SKYROCKET if you
    started telling juries that MDs are senselessly closing
    birth canals up to 30%.

    Since MDs won't stop of their own accord...

    Since DAs are dragging their feet...

    list/message/2289

    WHY NOT A CLASS ACTION? Maybe you could stop the grisly mass
    obstetric travesty with a class action lawsuit.

    At the very least, you could add "Birth on back or butt -
    dorsal or semisitting" to your brachial plexus injury risk
    factors... http://www.kathleentzellner.com/brachial.html

    Thanks for reading,

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    DZ. Gastaldo [email protected]

    ALSO SILENT...

    Chicago birth injury attorney ANTHONY MANCINI

    Attorney Anthony says:

    "Cephalopelvic disproportion, the size and shape of the
    mother's pelvis is not adequate for the baby to be born
    vaginally.."
    http://www.mancinilaw.com/site/epage/13379_413.htm

    When Attorney Anthony posted to [email protected], I wrote

    "Anthony...Why not be the first birth injury attorney to
    tell the world that OBs are CAUSING cephalopelvic
    disproportion?" http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs/read/mes-
    sage.html?mid=808724848

    Attorney Anthony hasn't replied...

    ALSO SILENT...

    Meris Chang, PT, Director Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
    Georgetown University Hospital 3800 Reservoir Road, NW Room
    CG 12, Ground Floor, Bles Bldg Washington, DC 20008-2187

    Meris Chang, PT - a health professional of 42 years - says
    she wants to help parents of brachial plexus injured
    parents...

    that pays the medical expenses of babies injured at birth...

    Meris wrote "It behooves us":

    "...It behooves all of us to be aware of Federal and local
    legislation that impacts on financing of services. It is
    essential to be pro-active and active politically. As a
    health professional of 42 years I know that legislation has
    changed the face of health care in this in this country for
    its citizens as much, if not more so.than scientific
    discoveries. This is especially true if you consider that
    legislation such as Medical Assistance, Medicare, Managed
    Care Health Insurance and the lack of a national health plan
    has affected all of us directly or indirectly." http://list-
    s.topica.com/lists/erbs/read/message.html?mid=808745586

    Meris! It behooves us to get pro-active about the fact that
    OBs are closing birth canals!

    It behooves us to get that **Virginia program** pro-active
    about the fact that OBs are closing birth canals!

    That Virginia program is a boondoggle for birth-canal-
    closing obstetricians!

    I recently wrote:

    ATTENTION Virginia MD-obstetricians: You are unnecessarily
    harming babies and sending some to the Virginia Workers'
    Compensation Commission...You are unnecessarily draining
    money from the system to pay for your obvious negligence.

    AN OBSTETRICIAN BOONDOGGLE...

    Part of the "ad" for Virginia's no-fault birth injury
    program...

    "No Expensive & Time Consuming Court Case - Through this
    unique program, should a qualifying birth-injury occur, you
    would not face an expensive and possibly difficult court
    case. You also do not have to spend hours or days out of the
    office. Qualifying births are handled administratively
    through the Virginia Workers' Compensation
    Commission....When you participate, you are entitled by law
    to a malpractice coverage credit from your insurance
    company. This credit varies by each insurance carrier,
    however, in many cases it covers most or all of the cost of
    participating in the Birth-Injury Program...As a no-fault
    program, qualifying events are not reported to the National
    Practitioner Database."
    http://www.vabirthinjury.com/obgyn_physicians2.htm

    MD-obstetricians: If you must push or pull - and sometimes
    you must - FIRST get women off their backs/butts. During
    delivery, women should not be made to close their birth
    canals up to 30%.

    Final note: One of the most important lessons learned at
    chiropractic college is when NOT to manipulate the spine.
    The most prolific spinal manipulators - MD-obstetricians
    - should NOT be manipulating tiny spines with birth
    canals closed.

    See Workers' Comp for birth injuries (in Trigon/Anthem
    country) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2260

    See also: Rule 302, Birth and Trigon/Anthem (Glasscock) -
    and ACOG's Willett LeHew, MD http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2252

    In the birth industry - SILENCE *IS* GOLDEN - but only from
    the perspective of BPI surgeons and OBs - as OBs knowingly
    close birth canals and harm babies.

    LEGALLY, CLOSING THE BIRTH CANAL SHOULD BE REPORTED AS
    CHILD ABUSE

    Since failure to report child abuse perpetuates child
    abuse....failure to report child abuse is also a crime.

    DZ. Nath's silence constitutes child abuse.

    DZ. Nath does pediatric surgery so maybe that makes him a
    pediatrician...

    One pediatrician wrote in 1986:

    "What a terrible indictment...guilty of failing those for
    whom we have chosen to be advocates." [Finkel KC: The
    failure to report child abuse. AJDC, 1986;140:329-330]

    Yes - a terrible indictment - no prosecution yet - so the
    mass birth-canal-closing child abuse continues.

    I'll again cc my old roommate from UCLA, assistant DA Bill
    Hodgman and his boss LA County DA Steve Cooley via
    [email protected]

    On last note...

    To speed an end to the mass suffering of babies, I am in
    favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just academic
    prime cuts forced through this culture's most powerful
    mental meatgrinder - medical school.

    MDs can't simply stop their grisly massive obstetric crime -
    because stopping it would be tantamount to admitting it.

    Pardons in advance for MDs would allow them to keep doing
    their valid medical work to make money to pay the inevitable
    civil damages...

    Civil or criminal - attorneys could probably end the massive
    obstetric crime most quickly.

    Attorneys could save tiny lives and tiny limbs and PREVENT
    more vertebral subluxations than DCs will ever be able to
    adjust by hand.

    PREGNANT WOMEN: To allow your birth canals to open the
    "extra" up to 30%, all you have to do is roll onto your side
    as you push your baby out - or go to hands-and-knees,
    kneeling, kneeling on one knee, standing, squatting -
    virtually ANY delivery position will do the trick EXCEPT
    dorsal or semisitting - both of which close the birth canal.
    Talk to your obstetricians and CNMwives about this TODAY...

    WARNING: Some MDs and CNMwives will let you "try" an
    "alternative" delivery position but will move you back to
    semisitting or dorsal (close your birth canal!) for the
    actual delivery!

    list/message/2300

    Thanks for reading everyone.

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    DZ. Gastaldo [email protected]

    This article will be instantly archived for global access
    at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2357

    Within 24 hours it will be in the Google groups archive.
    Search http://groups.google.com for "Silent Dr. Nath: BPI
    malpractice suits as prevention"

    Tags:

  2. I have noticed that you have posted many msgs on this
    subject.

    Why?

    Todd Gastaldo wrote:
> [...]
    > kneeling, kneeling on one knee, standing, squatting -
    > virtually ANY delivery position will do the trick EXCEPT
    > dorsal or semisitting - both of which close the birth
    > canal. Talk to your obstetricians and CNMwives about this
    > TODAY...
    >
    > WARNING: Some MDs and CNMwives will let you "try" an
    > "alternative" delivery position but will move you back to
    > semisitting or dorsal (close your birth canal!) for the
    > actual delivery!

    > list/message/2300
    >

    > Thanks for reading everyone.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Todd
    >
    > Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]
    >
    > This article will be instantly archived for global access
    > at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    > list/message/2357
    >
    > Within 24 hours it will be in the Google groups archive.

  3. Whereever Western obstetricians practice or influence birth
    practice, babies are forced through (pushed and pulled
    through) birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%.

    An estimated 4.6% of "healthy" term babies are born with
    unexplained brain bleeds.

    Others are born with unexplained paralysis.

    And there are the unexplained DEATHS. Australian
    obstetrician Norman Beischer, MD has guessed that 10 to 15%
    of stillbirths were just fine right before delivery.

    With OBs blithely closing thousands of birth canals per
    day, the least I can do is post once a day publicly inform
    an MD or attorney what is happening - and (perhaps most
    importantly given MD/attorney foot-dragging) to tell women
    how they can allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra"
    up to 30%.

    Thanks for posting.

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

    "Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have noticed that you have posted many msgs on this
    > subject.
    >
    > Why?

    <SNIP>