Silver Audi with large quantity of green sludge stuck on driver's window in Emsworth area

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Russell, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Russell

    Russell Guest

    If you see it, that was me. I really hate it when cars drivers insist on passing me when I'm in the
    middle of the lane approaching the waiting queue to a roundabout with my speed only restricted by
    the car in front. Dickhead! Pity his window wasn't open. Roll on the summer.

    Russell

    Tags:

  2. Russell

    Russell Guest

    Russell <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you see it, that was me. I really hate it when cars drivers insist on passing me when I'm in
    > the middle of the lane approaching the waiting
    queue
    > to a roundabout with my speed only restricted by the car in front. Dickhead! Pity his window
    > wasn't open. Roll on the summer.
    >
    > Russell

    Someone's bound to ask ... After he got passed me, he pulled in tight to the left so I couldn't get
    through. I just rode up the outside and launched a rocket propelled greenade (haha great word I just
    made up) at his window.

    Russell

  3. On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:06:47 +0100, Russell did issue forth:

    > Someone's bound to ask ... After he got passed me, he pulled in tight to the left so I couldn't
    > get through. I just rode up the outside and launched a rocket propelled greenade (haha great word
    > I just made up) at his window.

    An ex-flatmate pulled that trick. Except the window wasn't closed.

  4. Kit Wolf

    Kit Wolf Guest

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:06:47 +0100, Russell wrote:

    > Russell <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> If you see it, that was me. I really hate it when cars drivers insist on passing me when I'm in
    >> the middle of the lane approaching the waiting
    > queue
    >> to a roundabout with my speed only restricted by the car in front. Dickhead! Pity his window
    >> wasn't open. Roll on the summer.
    >>
    >> Russell
    >>

    > Someone's bound to ask ... After he got passed me, he pulled in tight to the left so I couldn't
    > get through. I just rode up the outside and launched a rocket propelled greenade (haha great word
    > I just made up) at his window.

    Did you actually see your life flash before your eyes, or was he just being inconsiderate?

    Kit

  5. Russell

    Russell Guest

    Kit Wolf <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:06:47 +0100, Russell wrote:
    >

    > > Russell <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> If you see it, that was me. I really hate it when cars drivers insist
    on
    > >> passing me when I'm in the middle of the lane approaching the waiting
    > > queue
    > >> to a roundabout with my speed only restricted by the car in front. Dickhead! Pity his window
    > >> wasn't open. Roll on the summer.
    > >>
    > >> Russell
    > >>

    > > Someone's bound to ask ... After he got passed me, he pulled in tight to the left so I couldn't
    > > get through. I just rode up the outside and launched a rocket propelled
    greenade
    > > (haha great word I just made up) at his window.
    >
    > Did you actually see your life flash before your eyes, or was he just
    being
    > inconsiderate?
    >
    > Kit

    No he was just being an idiot. Happens all the time.

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > No he was just being an idiot. Happens all the time.

    A while ago I was forced to stop in the bike lane as the car I was filtering past moved in on me. He
    was only going at a walking pace but he was so close to me that his passenger door struck the end of
    my brake lever as I leant away from him. There was then a prolonged screech as of chalk on a
    blackboard as the brake lever scraped all the way to the rear wing. The whole time he was looking
    around trying to see where the sound was coming from. Although he'd actually collided with me he
    still wasn't aware that the there was either a bike line or a bike on it. I overtook him again about
    20 seconds later, on the right side this time. I gently reassured him through his open window, "It's
    OK, my brake lever isn't damaged."

    --
    Dave...

  7. Thus spake [email protected] (Dave Kahn)

    > "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > No he was just being an idiot. Happens all the time.

    > A while ago I was forced to stop in the bike lane as the car I was filtering past moved in on me.
    > He was only going at a walking pace but he was so close to me that his passenger door struck the
    > end of my brake lever as I leant away from him. There was then a prolonged screech as of chalk on
    > a blackboard as the brake lever scraped all the way to the rear wing. The whole time he was
    > looking around trying to see where the sound was coming from. Although he'd actually collided with
    > me he still wasn't aware that the there was either a bike line or a bike on it. I overtook him
    > again about 20 seconds later, on the right side this time. I gently reassured him through his open
    > window, "It's OK, my brake lever isn't damaged."

    > --
    > Dave...

    I take it his paint job was...

  8. Russell

    Russell Guest

    Dave Kahn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > No he was just being an idiot. Happens all the time.
    >
    > A while ago I was forced to stop in the bike lane as the car I was filtering past moved in on me.
    > He was only going at a walking pace but he was so close to me that his passenger door struck the
    > end of my brake lever as I leant away from him. There was then a prolonged screech as of chalk on
    > a blackboard as the brake lever scraped all the way to the rear wing. The whole time he was
    > looking around trying to see where the sound was coming from. Although he'd actually collided with
    > me he still wasn't aware that the there was either a bike line or a bike on it. I overtook him
    > again about 20 seconds later, on the right side this time. I gently reassured him through his open
    > window, "It's OK, my brake lever isn't damaged."
    >
    > --
    > Dave...

    Wonderful!

  9. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thus spake [email protected] (Dave Kahn)
    > > I gently reassured him through his open window, "It's OK, my brake lever isn't damaged."
    >
    > I take it his paint job was...

    Maybe just a smidgeon. :)

    --
    Dave...

  10. James G

    James G Guest

    > On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:06:47 +0100, Russell did issue forth:
    >
    > > Someone's bound to ask ... After he got passed me, he pulled in tight to the left so I couldn't
    > > get through. I just rode up the outside and launched a rocket propelled greenade (haha great
    > > word I just made up) at his window.
    >
    > An ex-flatmate pulled that trick. Except the window wasn't closed.

    That happened to me once, I was cycling down one of those dangerous "one way except for cycles"
    roads, where there was a contraflow mandatory cycle lane. The driver coming towards me was well in
    excess of the speed limit and seemed to be ignoring raod markings. I fired on off at him as he went
    past and was delighted to see I had scored a direct hit through his open window. The driver was not
    particularly pleased. In fact he came to a halt in a squeal of rubber, but on a narrow one way road
    with a car behind him, there was nothing he could do :eek:p