General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Simac Il Gelataio Ice Cream Man Question

Started by G0ldenlvr · · Last activity · 3 posts · 814 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 June 2004
Last activity
19 June 2004
Original author
G0ldenlvr
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
814
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently purchased one of these machines at a local church
    sale and was hoping someone here may have one and can help
    me with some questions.

    It didn't come with instructions, but I managed to find
    partial instructions for a different Simac model and tried a
    recipe for strawberry ice cream.

    I noticed that after about 10-15 minutes the mixture
    began to freeze up so much on the bottom that the blades
    stopped churning.

    I turned off the freezer for a few minutes to loosen up the
    frozen areas and kept alternating between turning the
    freezer on and off for about 30 minutes until it was a soft-
    serve consistancy.

    This doesn't seem normal as every review I have seen raves
    about how easy it is to use.

    Does this sound like a problem with the machine or did I do
    something wrong?

    Thanks for any help!

  2. Quoted message said:

    Does this sound like a problem with the machine or did I
    do something


    wrong?

    Hmmmm, sorta makes me wonder why someone would donate it to
    a church sale.

    As for the review... When I wrote software reviews for a
    business magazine, they never published a negative review.
    The philosophy was not to waste the reader's time with
    negative stuff. For me, that meant trying out several,
    sometimes more than a dozen, different software packages to
    find one I could say positive things about. The magazine
    received twenty-plus packages per month. The editor nagged
    me about my picky attitude. I figured out how much time I
    was wasting on junk software and quit. I don't even write
    book reviews, now.

    I don't place much stock in reviews.

    Regards,

    Casey Wilson Freelance Writer and Photographer

  3. Casey Wilson said:
    Quoted message said:

    Does this sound like a problem with the machine or did I
    do something

    wrong?


    did you google for reviews on amazon and epinions?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.