Simeoni wins Italian championship! Armstrong could not stop him this time.



Bike N Ski

New Member
May 4, 2005
107
0
0
What a whiner and a loser. Disrespects the national jersey because he didn't get his way. Congratulation to the Giro organization for not giving into this media loving *****. Good poster boy for the Armstrong haters - he represents them good.
 

jimmypop

New Member
Feb 20, 2008
439
0
0
Bike N Ski said:
What a whiner and a loser. Disrespects the national jersey because he didn't get his way. Congratulation to the Giro organization for not giving into this media loving *****. Good poster boy for the Armstrong haters - he represents them good.
You talking about Armstrong or Simeoni? May want to be more clear in the future...
 

ilpirata

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
410
4
18
I did read the same statement, it is true Zomegnan did say it. Perhaps Lance did in fact prerequisite his participation in the giro with the exclusion of Simeoni. Or Zomegnan is looking for an out. I remember last year, they excluded Garzelli's team, which had a very good previous season. 2000 giro winner Garzelli himself winning two stages at the giro 2007, and the team and Garzelli were off to a great start. This year he has them back in. It is pretty entertaining that Simeoni returns the champions jersey though. What balls!



adamastor said:
Wait a sec, this is new to me ! So the Giro Director admits, the reason why Simeoni was not invited (or part of it) is because of his old feud with LA ????

Jesus, ilpirata, please your Italian insider info needed here...

I really thought, Simeoni had been discarded because of bad results. But the above is simply shocking to me.
 

adamastor

New Member
Jun 3, 2007
272
0
0
ilpirata said:
I did read the same statement, it is true Zomegnan did say it. Perhaps Lance did in fact prerequisite his participation in the giro with the exclusion of Simeoni. Or Zomegnan is looking for an out. I remember last year, they excluded Garzelli's team, which had a very good previous season. 2000 giro winner Garzelli himself winning two stages at the giro 2007, and the team and Garzelli were off to a great start. This year he has them back in. It is pretty entertaining that Simeoni returns the champions jersey though. What balls!
From a "news" point of view, or rather tabloid interest, it would have been more profitable to invite Simeoni, just to benefit from the daily gossip ("simeoni spitting on Armstrong",..."Armstrong escape cancelled by simeoni chase...hehe, cool this one)
 

Flyer

Banned
Sep 20, 2004
2,961
0
0
adamastor said:
From a "news" point of view, or rather tabloid interest, it would have been more profitable to invite Simeoni, just to benefit from the daily gossip ("simeoni spitting on Armstrong",..."Armstrong escape cancelled by simeoni chase...hehe, cool this one)
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr