Simeoni's latest

wicklow200 said:
Simeoni had claimed Ferrari prescribed PEDs. Isn't that why he called him a liar.
Yes! And I was a Lance believer until I read what he actually said about Simeoni and how he acted at the Tour, and that whole zip the lips thing. Couldn't look past that, myself. That whole situation, including Lance's own words, convinced me quicker than any of the testing contoversies.

He said something like (no, I don't have a link, surely you people do) how terrible Simeoni was for saying those things, and that he was just trying to destroy cycling, the sport that pays him, by saying them. I thought that was a weird thing to say, and overdramatizing for sure. Why would he want to destroy cycling? And his main beef was about how he made his money off cycling, he really stressed that, and he was betraying it or something. It just set off little alarms bells in my head. And the chasing him down, and the zip it gesture....it changed my mind forever.

BTW, I LOVE the Big Lebowski....the Dude just wants his rug back :p .

nns1400 said:
Yes! And I was a Lance believer until I read what he actually said about Simeoni and how he acted at the Tour, and that whole zip the lips thing. Couldn't look past that, myself. That whole situation, including Lance's own words, convinced me quicker than any of the testing contoversies.

He said something like (no, I don't have a link, surely you people do) how terrible Simeoni was for saying those things, and that he was just trying to destroy cycling, the sport that pays him, by saying them. I thought that was a weird thing to say, and overdramatizing for sure. Why would he want to destroy cycling? And his main beef was about how he made his money off cycling, he really stressed that, and he was betraying it or something. It just set off little alarms bells in my head. And the chasing him down, and the zip it gesture....it changed my mind forever.
Couldn't agree more nns. There's something pretty rotten wherever omerta is the law

nns1400 said:
A bloody great film. The Dude abides.

nns1400 said:

Precisely my concurence. The witness intimidating during the Tour was much more telling than any performance domination.