Similar Bike Models

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Medic_Pilot, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Medic_Pilot

Medic_Pilot New Member

Howdy,

I'm just getting into cycling and I have been riding my MTB for the past few months on road trips. I think that I will be looking into getting a new road bike sometime in the next few months.

I was at a bike store and got interested in the Trek 1000 and 1200 series. These bikes will more closely match my riding ability as well as the amount of money I have to invest.

I think it is important to look at other brands to test ride and I was curious what other make/models are out there that compare with the Trek 1000/1200.

I'm looking for mainstream bikes here, nothing that is hand crafted by an obscure monestary in Italy or anything. Just something that I can easily find at some of the area bike stores in the Portland Metro area.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I see now (too late) that there is an actual Bike Buying section of the forum. I don't know if Mr or Mrs Forum God can move this into the appropriate section, but I would be forever grateful.

I hate when I do this... ;)

Tags:

2. samuel3699

samuel3699 New Member

Hi i am getting a decathlon bike by far the best value for money bikes. they are very well made try going to the nearest decathlon shop or on
    www.decathlon.com/
    www.btwincycle.com/

Hope this helped

3. BillM

BillM New Member

Giant offers some bikes that are spec'd great for the money.

I can't stress enough to let the test ride decide which is right for you. Nobody on here can tell you, no magazine article can tell you, no advertisement.

Get a few targets, ride them all and the choice is usually obvious.