Simon B. is famous

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Arthur Clune, Aug 26, 2005.

  1. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    For a limited value of famous anyway.

    Nice article in Singletrack. I especially liked the caption to the picture
    of Jon and Hooves :)

    Are any of those pictures of you BTW?

    Arthur

    The struggle of people against power is the struggle
    of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

    Tags:

  2. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Arthur Clune
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > For a limited value of famous anyway.
    >
    > Nice article in Singletrack. I especially liked the caption to the
    > picture of Jon and Hooves :)
    >
    > Are any of those pictures of you BTW?

    I haven't yet got hold of a copy so I don't know which pictures they used
    (I've even pretty much forgotten what I wrote - it's two months ago).
    The pictures I sent them are mostly here, with captions:

    <URL:http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org:80/wheelers/story/article_46.html>

    It was a brilliant ride! I'm just trying to find sponsorship to run it as
    an open event next year.

  3. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For a limited value of famous anyway.
    >
    > Nice article in Singletrack. I especially liked the caption to the picture
    > of Jon and Hooves :)
    >
    > Are any of those pictures of you BTW?

    I suspect one needs to think hairy.

    cheers,
    clive

  4. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

    : <URL:http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org:80/wheelers/story/article_46.html>

    The caption to the one you've labeled "Dalbeattie Control: Jon Senior on recumbent"
    is "The old boys coveted his hair more than his bike" in the mag :)

    The struggle of people against power is the struggle
    of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

  5. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    Simon Brooke wrote:
    > in message <[email protected]>, Arthur Clune
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> For a limited value of famous anyway.
    >>
    >> Nice article in Singletrack. I especially liked the caption to the
    >> picture of Jon and Hooves :)
    >>
    >> Are any of those pictures of you BTW?

    > I haven't yet got hold of a copy so I don't know which pictures they
    > used (I've even pretty much forgotten what I wrote - it's two months
    > ago). The pictures I sent them are mostly here, with captions:
    >
    > <URL:http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org:80/wheelers/story/article_46.html>
    >
    > It was a brilliant ride! I'm just trying to find sponsorship to run
    > it as an open event next year.

    You know, when I first heard about the 7 Stanes and sampled a few of them
    myself, one of the first things I thought about was "Wouldn't it be a great
    event to do them all in a oner?" Some things are just so clearly meant to
    be. (A bit like the West Highland Way race.)

    Great site, great achievement. Wish I had been there. You'll have to
    change the date next year though, too close to the above mentioned race for
    me to do both. ;-)

    Good luck with the sponsorship. This deserves to become a classic event.

    Tim