Simonetti cycles, HELP!!!!!!!!

Guy

Guest
Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
them. Any help would be much appreciated.

"Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
> California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
> site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
> them. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure Simonetti's gone out of business. IIRC, one of the two guys running the place was
the "hair bandit" (or whatever they were calling him) and is in jail.

You may wanna try Cyclart. They can probably match the stickers. Failing that, I'd try a local
sticker shop.

Mike

"Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
> California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
> site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
> them. Any help would be much appreciated.

I heard that Jonny Simo was retired and perhaps doing some minor work out of his garage. He weren't
no spring chicken a couple of years ago when I met him.

Do a google for Brian Baylis, near San Diego. He might be able to help, and knew Simonetti.

And Chico is definitely NoCal, not SoCal.

Cheers,

Peter

[email protected] (Guy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
> California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
> site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
> them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last time I saw him (about two years ago), Simonetti had a small shop in Huntington Beach,
California. I've also run into him at Bike Builders in Whittier, CA; you can probably look up their
number and speak to Stan, the owner. He can certainly put you in touch with Simonetti--if the latter
wants to be "touched."

Guy wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
> California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
> site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
> them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Chico is in Northern California near Mt. Shasta.

Kenny Lee

"Kenny Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Guy wrote:
> > Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico,
> > Southern California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to
> > have a web site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the
> > original decals from them. Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Chico is in Northern California near Mt. Shasta.
>
> Kenny Lee

Uh, try a bit (a big bit) farther south....

Simonetti was in Chino (So-Cal) to the best of my recollection... not Chico.

Stuart Winsor Ground Zero Cycles

Simonetti was never in ChiCo, near Sacramento - they were in ChiNo, east
of LA near Ontario. (Amazing how one little letter can make a 300+ mile
difference!) A few years ago they moved to Huntington Beach. Their
address in HB was:

Simonetti Bicycles 18411 Gothard Street Unit G Huntington Beach, CA 92648
(714) 842-3206

Since Gian Simonetti lost his partner Mike Howard to unfortunate circumstances a little over 2 years
ago, I believe Gian has pretty much left the bike business. I don't think his shop is still open,
but it's entirely possible that mail is being forwarded from that address or there may be a
forwarding referral on the phone number. I'd suggest you try calling or sending a note, and see if
it gets forwarded to him.

Failing that, I'd contact CyclArt in San Marcos. I bet they have or can get Medici/Simo/Simonetti
decals. Jim Cunningham of CyclArt and Gian Simonetti worked together at Masi during the Mario
Confente days.