Simonetti cycles, HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Guy, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Guy

    Guy Guest

    Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
    California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
    site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
    them. Any help would be much appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
    > California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
    > site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
    > them. Any help would be much appreciated.

    I'm pretty sure Simonetti's gone out of business. IIRC, one of the two guys running the place was
    the "hair bandit" (or whatever they were calling him) and is in jail.

    You may wanna try Cyclart. They can probably match the stickers. Failing that, I'd try a local
    sticker shop.

    Mike

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
    > California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
    > site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
    > them. Any help would be much appreciated.

    I heard that Jonny Simo was retired and perhaps doing some minor work out of his garage. He weren't
    no spring chicken a couple of years ago when I met him.

  4. PBridge130

    PBridge130 Guest

    Do a google for Brian Baylis, near San Diego. He might be able to help, and knew Simonetti.

    And Chico is definitely NoCal, not SoCal.

    Cheers,

    Peter

  5. [email protected]

    Rainbow Cycleworks in Niwot, CO can paint it or make your decals...

  6. Mike

    Mike Guest

    [email protected] (Guy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
    > California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
    > site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
    > them. Any help would be much appreciated.

    Last time I saw him (about two years ago), Simonetti had a small shop in Huntington Beach,
    California. I've also run into him at Bike Builders in Whittier, CA; you can probably look up their
    number and speak to Stan, the owner. He can certainly put you in touch with Simonetti--if the latter
    wants to be "touched."

  7. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    Guy wrote:
    > Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico, Southern
    > California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to have a web
    > site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the original decals from
    > them. Any help would be much appreciated.

    Chico is in Northern California near Mt. Shasta.

    Kenny Lee

  8. Ground Zero

    Ground Zero Guest

    "Kenny Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Guy wrote:
    > > Can anyone please tell me where Simonetti cycles is now based. They used to be in Chico,
    > > Southern California but neither of the two phone numbers I have work and they don't appear to
    > > have a web site. I have an Elite frame that needs repainting and I would like to get the
    > > original decals from them. Any help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Chico is in Northern California near Mt. Shasta.
    >
    > Kenny Lee

    Uh, try a bit (a big bit) farther south....

    Simonetti was in Chino (So-Cal) to the best of my recollection... not Chico.

    Stuart Winsor Ground Zero Cycles

  9. Dwight Moore

    Dwight Moore Guest

    Simonetti was never in ChiCo, near Sacramento - they were in ChiNo, east
    of LA near Ontario. (Amazing how one little letter can make a 300+ mile
    difference!) A few years ago they moved to Huntington Beach. Their
    address in HB was:

    Simonetti Bicycles 18411 Gothard Street Unit G Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 842-3206

    Since Gian Simonetti lost his partner Mike Howard to unfortunate circumstances a little over 2 years
    ago, I believe Gian has pretty much left the bike business. I don't think his shop is still open,
    but it's entirely possible that mail is being forwarded from that address or there may be a
    forwarding referral on the phone number. I'd suggest you try calling or sending a note, and see if
    it gets forwarded to him.

    Failing that, I'd contact CyclArt in San Marcos. I bet they have or can get Medici/Simo/Simonetti
    decals. Jim Cunningham of CyclArt and Gian Simonetti worked together at Masi during the Mario
    Confente days.