Simoni talking it up - can he win the Giro ?

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
Gibo is talking it up saying that he will bust balls and take DiLuca in the Giro and that Cuengo is a piece of ****.... I think actually think in a dope free Giro he can win.... like I mean who else is there ?

whiteboytrash said:
Gibo is talking it up saying that he will bust balls and take DiLuca in the Giro and that Cuengo is a piece of ****.... I think actually think in a dope free Giro he can win.... like I mean who else is there ?
I really hope so WBT. I stood and cheered Gibo on up the Mortirolo two years ago and was sickened when ET the man "who never doped" beat him. Last year I had to sit through the Teflon Killer's "amazing" climbing display. Is there a link to the article you quote from? When Gibo talks it always makes for an entertaining read.

Rolfrae said:
I really hope so WBT. I stood and cheered Gibo on up the Mortirolo two years ago and was sickened when ET the man "who never doped" beat him. Last year I had to sit through the Teflon Killer's "amazing" climbing display. Is there a link to the article you quote from? When Gibo talks it always makes for an entertaining read.

Me as well. Gibo loves bikes, loves riding and hates ********. The article is from the Gazzetta Dello Sport kindly translated to a half inebriated WBT by a waiter at a winebar in Carnaby St !

On another note.... Rolfrae are you doing the etape this year ?

whiteboytrash said:
Me as well. Gibo loves bikes, loves riding and hates ********. The article is from the Gazzetta Dello Sport kindly translated to a half inebriated WBT by a waiter at a winebar in Carnaby St !

On another note.... Rolfrae are you doing the etape this year ?
Carnaby Street's a bit far for me to go. Not doing the Etape, not doing much cycling right now as I've got a knee injury. Last time I had it I had to take 6 months off the bike - just in time for the summer! :(

Rolfrae said:
Carnaby Street's a bit far for me to go. Not doing the Etape, not doing much cycling right now as I've got a knee injury. Last time I had it I had to take 6 months off the bike - just in time for the summer! :(

Poor *******. Why didn't you try the Mazzino method on that knee ? Fuentes just kept injecting pain killers and cortisone until he couldn't feel it anymore.... he then went on to ride the Tour.... he would have finished if they gave him the the correct blood transfusion.... later seen writing on the ground claiming he was a 12th century war druid....... I'm going to give it a crack........ I just wish it would stop raining in this farking country..... how can anyone ride a bike here ?

whiteboytrash said:
Poor *******. Why didn't you try the Mazzino method on that knee ? Fuentes just kept injecting pain killers and cortisone until he couldn't feel it anymore.... he then went on to ride the Tour.... he would have finished if they gave him the the correct blood transfusion.... later seen writing on the ground claiming he was a 12th century war druid....... I'm going to give it a crack........ I just wish it would stop raining in this farking country..... how can anyone ride a bike here ?
If Tyler can ride with a broken collarbone and Floyd can ride without a hip socket then I can ride with a bursitis, right? I'll get on the phone to Fuentes.
I'm thinking of going compact (ssh...don't tell anyone) so I can have some easier gears - there's no shame, spinning at higher cadences won Lance 7 Tours, right?

Yeah, it's an absolute disgrace when one athlete uses a highly structured doping program with all the new techniques and gear then proceeds to beat all the other humble athletes who are merely using all the drugs they can get their hands on. I mean in this day and age why should a cyclist be forced to use a less than top standard doping program?

I want (as ever) Savoldelli to win the Giro this year... so I hope Di Luca blows completely on the first mountain stage and that puts Il Falco into the position of team leader at LPR. Still, that would mean Gibo also beats Di Luca, and I think the guy has the consistency to finish ahead of Cunego again this year. Win it? Quite possibly yes, although his team support won't be as good as it has been in previous years, which could cause problems.

Eldrack said:
Yeah, it's an absolute disgrace when one athlete uses a highly structured doping program with all the new techniques and gear then proceeds to beat all the other humble athletes who are merely using all the drugs they can get their hands on. I mean in this day and age why should a cyclist be forced to use a less than top standard doping program?

I want (as ever) Savoldelli to win the Giro this year... so I hope Di Luca blows completely on the first mountain stage and that puts Il Falco into the position of team leader at LPR. Still, that would mean Gibo also beats Di Luca, and I think the guy has the consistency to finish ahead of Cunego again this year. Win it? Quite possibly yes, although his team support won't be as good as it has been in previous years, which could cause problems.
Cunego's not riding - he's doing the Tour this year. I agree that the Savo/DiLuca combo could be hard to beat. Gibo needs to avoid losing time so early on as he did last year.

Rolfrae said:
Cunego's not riding - he's doing the Tour this year. I agree that the Savo/DiLuca combo could be hard to beat. Gibo needs to avoid losing time so early on as he did last year.

No Andy Shleck either so its wide open...... saw Menchov implode at Liege so not sure he can do much..... tommy dekker ? Speaking of which is..... is Tommy D riding ?

classic1 said:
No, he's with Giovanni Savios team, whatever its called this year.:p

Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni - now try saying that with a **** in your mouth !

- Is Gibo looking like George Michael these days or what ?

whiteboytrash said:
Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni - now try saying that with a **** in your mouth !

- Is Gibo looking like George Michael these days or what ?
Nice ghey theme you have going there WBT.

classic1 said:
Nice ghey theme you have going there WBT.
but you responded :p

how ghey!

Serramenti Selle Italia Colombia, talented dopers, dont know why Gibo went there if he is anti dope.

Anticyclone said:
Does anyone know much about Vincenzo Nibali? He won the Giro del Trentino ahead of Garzelli and Simoni

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2008/apr08/trentino08/trentino084

He also did quite well in the LBL considering he only had a day in, between finishing 10th just behind Bettini. Last year Nibali finished about 30th in the Giro but was riding for Di Luca. I think he may be team captain now in the Giro?
Nibali and Dekker went head to head in the espoirs, and Nibali was considered his equal.

Nibali is also a great tter.

Nibali was third, Dekker second, and Brajkovic won the 2004ish espoir world tt.

limerickman said:
is Gibo still with Saunier??
From CN:
Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli finalises Giro picks

Team Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli selected its men for the 2008 Giro d'Italia, which will take place from May 10 to June 1. Gilberto Simoni, who won Corsa Rosa in 2001 and 2003, will captain the squad with the goal of winning the race for the third time in his career. If the 36 year-old climber succeeds, he would become the oldest winner ever of the Italian three-week race.

'Gibo' will be joined by a strong team, composed of experts – Alessandro Bertolini, Niklas Axelsson, Danilo Hondo, Gabriele Missaglia and Daniele Nardello – and younger riders – Raffaele Illiano, Carlos José Ochoa and José Serpa. Leonardo Moser, who broke his left collarbone in the Folgaria's stage at Giro del Trentino, is forced to miss the Giro d'Italia.

"This wasn't an easy choice for me and Marco Bellini," said Gianni Savio, team manager of Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli. "We were forced to leave at home riders who would have deserved to be at the Giro. But this is a hard race, that will start with a team time trial. And we have to do everything we can to protect our leader, so we think this is the best squad for us."

Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli for the Giro d'Italia: Gilberto Simoni, Alessandro Bertolini, Niklas Axelsson, Danilo Hondo, Gabriele Missaglia, Daniele Nardello, Raffaele Illiano, Carlos José Ochoa and José Serpa. (RG)