Simoni the jilted prom queen

Brian Roth

Guest
Source: www.dallasnews.com

Team won't let Simoni abandon race

Two-time Giro d'Italia champion Gilberto Simoni wanted to
quit the Tour on Saturday, but his Saeco team wouldn't let
him. The 33-year-old Simoni, once considered one of Lance
Armstrong's top rivals, is banged up from crashes after
losing valuable time in the team time trial.

Before the start of Saturday's stage, Simoni angrily sat in
the team car and refused to race before being literally
pushed to the start line by his team manager. He later
rolled across the line with his entire team on his flanks.

"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Source: www.dallasnews.com
>

> Team won't let Simoni abandon race
>
> Two-time Giro d'Italia champion Gilberto Simoni wanted to
> quit the Tour on Saturday, but his Saeco team wouldn't let
> him. The 33-year-old Simoni,
once
> considered one of Lance Armstrong's top rivals, is banged
> up from crashes
after
> losing valuable time in the team time trial.
>
> Before the start of Saturday's stage, Simoni angrily sat
> in the team car
and
> refused to race before being literally pushed to the start
> line by his
team
> manager. He later rolled across the line with his entire
> team on his
flanks.

LOL, I knew the relationship with Martinelli was strained
but this is far worse than I had heard. Simoni needs to be
impressing other teams right now if he expects to lead *any*
team in *any* GT next year. He lost his place leading the
Giro for Saeco already and now he is killing any confidence
the team had left in him. It is not as if the Prima Donna
would happily ride for Cunego next year.

[email protected] (brian roth) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Source: www.dallasnews.com
>

> Team won't let Simoni abandon race
>
> Two-time Giro d'Italia champion Gilberto Simoni wanted to
> quit the Tour on Saturday, but his Saeco team wouldn't let
> him. The 33-year-old Simoni, once considered one of Lance
> Armstrong's top rivals, is banged up from crashes after
> losing valuable time in the team time trial.
>
> Before the start of Saturday's stage, Simoni angrily sat
> in the team car and refused to race before being literally
> pushed to the start line by his team manager. He later
> rolled across the line with his entire team on his flanks.

"I'll ride this tour under protest!!!!"

Uh, yeah.