Simoni to be become pro mountain biker?

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
This seems like a good plan. How long can he continue be competitve in the Giro? In MTBing he should be able to get several more years as a top level competitor.

I have become a pretty big fan of Simoni. I hope he can pull out one more great Giro, and this year's course looks to be good for him.

Bro Deal said:
This seems like a good plan. How long can he continue be competitve in the Giro? In MTBing he should be able to get several more years as a top level competitor.

I have become a pretty big fan of Simoni. I hope he can pull out one more great Giro, and this year's course looks to be good for him.
I agree with your sentiments, can't help feeling he was robbed of his third Giro win last year by E.T., the Buffalo and their esteemed Spanish doctor.

Rolfrae said:
I agree with your sentiments, can't help feeling he was robbed of his third Giro win last year by E.T., the Buffalo and their esteemed Spanish doctor.
Was that Basso offer to Simoni in last years Giro of a stage win for cash ever resolved?

wicklow200 said:
Was that Basso offer to Simoni in last years Giro of a stage win for cash ever resolved?
Yes, but only in that Simoni retracted his "E.T." statement for fear of looking like a bad loser, and fear of legal action. Knowing what we do about Basso and Puerto, maybe Simoni should have stuck to his guns.

C'mon guys! Do you think Simoni is clean? I've always been a fan of Simoni. But he really needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. Pot, meet kettle.

meehs said:
C'mon guys! Do you think Simoni is clean? I've always been a fan of Simoni. But he really needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. Pot, meet kettle.
I'm not daft enough to believe that any Grand Tour contender is clean, just that their methods of preparation vary.

Rolfrae said:
I'm not daft enough to believe that any Grand Tour contender is clean, just that their methods of preparation vary.
What's that supposed to mean? At what point do drugs become too much?

dexjava said:
What's that supposed to mean? At what point do drugs become too much?
It's your use of the words "too much" so you explain. I said their methods or preparation varied. Basso was rumoured to be using Fuentes' methods (blood doping, and possible other 'treatments'; as for Simoni...?

Rolfrae said:
It's your use of the words "too much" so you explain. I said their methods or preparation varied. Basso was rumoured to be using Fuentes' methods (blood doping, and possible other 'treatments'; as for Simoni...?
Well you said that you didn't believe any grand tour contender is clean, so how could 1 dirty tour contender "rob" another dirty tour contender?

dexjava said:
Well you said that you didn't believe any grand tour contender is clean, so how could 1 dirty tour contender "rob" another dirty tour contender?
Oh f*** sake, this forum always has to turn into a playground argument - and Flyer hasn't even put in an appearance yet! Basso went from being Simoni's equal to head and shoulders above the rest (except maybe The Buffalo, who allegedly shared the same doc), which is suspicious - suspect enough for Simoni to have made his retracted comments. I take your point though: if a cheat cheats on a cheat who was also cheating is it still cheating? I'll P.M. Flyer and ask. :)

Rolfrae said:
Oh f*** sake, this forum always has to turn into a playground argument - ...
I know, and isn't it great, or should I say grande since this is the Grande Tours board.

helmutRoole2 said:
I know, and isn't it great, or should I say grande since this is the Grande Tours board.
Don't tell me what's great and what's not great! Right, that's it, fight after school! :rolleyes:

helmutRoole2 said:
Bring on chump. You ain't man enough to take the belt.
Whatever belt boy, I'm going home for my dinner and to do my homework - mum will kill me if I'm late! (I love this playground banter!)