Simple Bike Computer - suggestions?

Status

Badger South

Guest
I'm planning on getting a simple computer with easy clear display for my ancient eyes.

I'll only need cadence, speed and milage, but would like to see all three or at least any two
displayed, with nice large numerals.

Suggestions welcome.

-B

Michael

Guest
Badger South wrote:

> I'm planning on getting a simple computer with easy clear display for my ancient eyes.
>
> I'll only need cadence, speed and milage, but would like to see all three or at least any two
> displayed, with nice large numerals.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> -B

An el cheapo Schwinn (~$9.00 at WalMart) is fine for my old eyes (I need +1.5 diopter lenses for
reading). Speed numerals are quite large, distance smaller but legible without my glasses. Has no
cadence setting but "above" and "below" icons indicate current speed is faster or slower than Avg.
Speed. If I wanted cadence too I would just build a metronone with audio and visual indicators.

Richard Stanz

Guest
Badger South <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm planning on getting a simple computer with easy clear display for my ancient eyes.
>
> I'll only need cadence, speed and milage, but would like to see all three or at least any two
> displayed, with nice large numerals.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> -B

the Astrale 8 has cadence and a larger display. www.cateye.com/detail.php?products_id=98

Raoul Duke

Guest
"Badger South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Suggestions welcome.

I recently installed a Vetta wireless computer on my bike. While I'm basically satisfied with its
performance, the only thing I would do different is get one with an auto start feature.

When mine is idle for five minutes it shuts off and goes into a battery saving mode. When you resume
riding you have to manually turn it back on, which is fine as long as you remember. Pretty
frustrating when you've been riding for a while, look down at the computer and realize it's off and
hasn't been recording your mileage.

Dave

Archer

Guest

> "Badger South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Suggestions welcome.
>
> I recently installed a Vetta wireless computer on my bike. While I'm basically satisfied with its
> performance, the only thing I would do different is get one with an auto start feature.
>
> When mine is idle for five minutes it shuts off and goes into a battery saving mode. When you
> resume riding you have to manually turn it back on, which is fine as long as you remember. Pretty
> frustrating when you've been riding for a while, look down at the computer and realize it's off
> and hasn't been recording your mileage.

My specialized speedzone also has an auto-shutoff feature, but it's a much longer timeout: it's at
least a half-hour because I've stopped that long before and didn't have to restart it.

Status
Not open for further replies.