Simple Green

taywood

Guest
In the past we've read of this product being used on bikes for
cleaning and degreasing, but we've had no access to it in the UK.

Now we have a UK online supplier http://www.simplegreen.co.uk/
showing two products
Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner and Crystal Simple Green

My question is which of these do you use and is it really better for
bike cleaning and degreasing than the proprietary products, as
some guys have claimed.

taywood wrote:
> In the past we've read of this product being used on bikes for
> cleaning and degreasing, but we've had no access to it in the UK.
>
> Now we have a UK online supplier http://www.simplegreen.co.uk/
> showing two products
> Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner and Crystal Simple Green
>
> My question is which of these do you use

Simple Simple Green :) (don't need no steenkin' crystals)

> and is it really better for
> bike cleaning and degreasing than the proprietary products

Nah, but just as good.

Bill "still, hardly ever use ANY degreasers (just a rag followed by White
Lightning)" S.

"Ozman Trad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > bike cleaning

> wassat then ?

Well I heartily subscribe to "The Critical Mass MethodT" of bike cleaning -
just ride, and when the dirt reaches a certain mass, it just sorta, falls
off.

Shaun aRe

"taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in news:2nsskvF4di5eU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> My question is which of these do you use and is it really better for
> bike cleaning and degreasing than the proprietary products, as
> some guys have claimed.

I use Simple Green as a degreaser (chains, chainrings, cogs). Don't use it
overall to wash your bike - use car wash detergent instead. Wash it off
with water, as it will, over time, discolor aluminum and cause corrosion.

--
Mike DeMicco <[email protected]>