Simple Mushroom Sauce Over Toast

Frank A. Chris

Guest
One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2 pound
of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a lonely single.

Rudyard Kipling said "Words are the most powerful drugs used by mankind"
---
I am a Bright.

"Frank A. Chris Dohrmann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2
> pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a
> lonely single.

If you bothered to learn to cook you might not be lonely.

pavane

x-no-archive: yes

Frank A. Chris Dohrmann wrote:

>One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2
>pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a
>lonely single.

Get someone to come over and saute the mushrooms for you! In butter please, not oil. And add some
sherry or Madeira or something. And some freshly ground pepper.

Naomi D.

Naomi Darvell wrote:
> Get someone to come over and saute the mushrooms for you! In butter please, not oil. And add some
> sherry or Madeira or something. And some freshly ground pepper.

Shrooms, thinly sliced, sauted in butter and red wine... aww yeah.

I think tomorrow I may make mushrom chicken, basically chicken breasts baked with seasoning. You
serve them with cream of shroom soup, the campbell's soup with extra sliced shrooms. It turns out
very thick and tons of shrooms. Ladle this over the chicken and serve. We love it.

spellcheck off tonight. don't drink and tpye, kids.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

"Naomi Darvell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Frank A. Chris Dohrmann wrote:

> >One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup

> Get someone to come over and saute the mushrooms for you! In butter
please, not
> oil. And add some sherry or Madeira or something. And some freshly ground pepper.

Word to the wise: don't EVER use a sweet wine for this purpose. I can't quite describe the effect
but when combined with the soup... BLECH... I think Comet wuld have tasted better.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Dan Levy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Naomi Darvell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040228202257.09343.00000536@mb-
> m12.aol.com...
> > Frank A. Chris Dohrmann wrote:
>
> > >One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup
>
> > Get someone to come over and saute the mushrooms for you! In butter
> please, not
> > oil. And add some sherry or Madeira or something. And some freshly ground pepper.
>
> Word to the wise: don't EVER use a sweet wine for this purpose. I can't quite describe the effect
> but when combined with the soup... BLECH... I think Comet wuld have tasted better.

Or merlot maybe? Or maybe not.

I'd prolly use a dry white myself.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:18:15 GMT, "pavane"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Frank A. Chris Dohrmann"

>> One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2
>> pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a
>> lonely single.
>>
>If you bothered to learn to cook you might not be lonely.

Unnecessarily harsh criticism. There are other ways to make creamed mushrooms on toast, but Frank
was offering something he apparently enjoys.

Frogleg <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:18:15 GMT, "pavane" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Frank A. Chris Dohrmann"
>
>>> One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2
>>> pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a
>>> lonely single.
>>>
>>If you bothered to learn to cook you might not be lonely.
>
> Unnecessarily harsh criticism. There are other ways to make creamed mushrooms on toast, but Frank
> was offering something he apparently enjoys.

I agree. Throw in some chipped beef and I'll come for dinner.

Michael

--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Frogleg <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:18:15 GMT, "pavane" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Frank A. Chris Dohrmann"
>
>>> One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2
>>> pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a
>>> lonely single.
>>>
>>If you bothered to learn to cook you might not be lonely.
>
> Unnecessarily harsh criticism. There are other ways to make creamed mushrooms on toast, but Frank
> was offering something he apparently enjoys.

I agree. Throw in some chipped beef and I'll come for dinner.

Michael

--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Frogleg <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:18:15 GMT, "pavane" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>"Frank A. Chris Dohrmann"

minutes

> >>If you bothered to learn to cook you might not be lonely.
> >
> > Unnecessarily harsh criticism. There are other ways to make creamed mushrooms on toast, but
> > Frank was offering something he apparently enjoys.
>
> I agree. Throw in some chipped beef and I'll come for dinner.

...see, he is already beginning to attract friends.

pavane

In article <[email protected]>,
Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:18:15 GMT, "pavane" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"Frank A. Chris Dohrmann"
>
> >> One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2
> >> pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a
> >> lonely single.
> >>
> >If you bothered to learn to cook you might not be lonely.
>
> Unnecessarily harsh criticism. There are other ways to make creamed mushrooms on toast, but Frank
> was offering something he apparently enjoys.

And is easy to make. ;-) Using canned cream soups as a quick sauce has a Loooooong history, and is a
nice little tasty kitchen cheat.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

Frank A. Chris Dohrmann wrote:
> One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on very low fire, slice in 1/2
> pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20 minutes pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a
> lonely single.

A nice way to intensify the flavor is to reconstitute some dried mushrooms and add the mushrooms
(chopped) and some of the liquid in with the soup.

Jim Lahue

"Jim Lahue" <[email protected]_SPAM.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]_SPAM.ibm.com...
> Frank A. Chris Dohrmann wrote:
> > One can of undiluted Campbell's Mushroom Soup in two quart pot on
very
> > low fire, slice in 1/2 pound of white mushrooms and in 15 or 20
minutes
> > pour over preferred toast. Delicious for a lonely single.
>
> A nice way to intensify the flavor is to reconstitute some dried
mushrooms
> and add the mushrooms (chopped) and some of the liquid in with the
soup.

Hey, what IS Campbell's Mushroom Soup, anyway? Anyone got a can handy?