Simple question?!

Andyc

Guest
Dunno if it is actually, I can't answer it...

Santa Cruz Bullit (XTR FreeRide version) or Canondale Gemini 900?

Assuming that I'm in love with both, comfortable on both, and budget is going to covered by a loan
(so those extra pennies are not an issue).

Any other bikes in this genre that I should be looking at?

Ta AndyC

AndyC wrote in message ...
>Dunno if it is actually, I can't answer it...
>
>Santa Cruz Bullit (XTR FreeRide version) or Canondale Gemini 900?
>
>Assuming that I'm in love with both, comfortable on both, and budget is going to covered by a loan
>(so those extra pennies are not an issue).
>
>Any other bikes in this genre that I should be looking at?
>
>Ta AndyC

Turner RFX. Start saving now, its worth it.

Steve E.

"AndyC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Dunno if it is actually, I can't answer it...
>
> Santa Cruz Bullit (XTR FreeRide version) or Canondale Gemini 900?

Bullit.

> Assuming that I'm in love with both, comfortable on both, and budget is going to covered by a loan
> (so those extra pennies are not an issue).

This seems to be the new thing...loans for bikes...

> Any other bikes in this genre that I should be looking at?

A Bullit in another color.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message [snip]
> Bullit. By a mile. And then a bit more.
>
> > Assuming that I'm in love with both, comfortable on both, and budget is going to covered by a
> > loan (so those extra pennies are not an issue).
> >
> > Any other bikes in this genre that I should be looking at?
>
> Orange Patriot LT (but I'd still go for the Bullit).

Cool. You know when you've got a choice, and you can't decide, so you flip a coin... and it comes
out heads, but you wanted tails so you do best of 3, 5,
7... well I am/was like this with the Santa Cruz and Canondale... But you suggested the right one! I
feel justified now! :eek:)

"spademan o---[)*" <[email protected]> wrote in message [snip]
> Turner RFX. Start saving now, its worth it.
>
> Steve E.

Got a link to a review or pics? I've had a quick search, and can't find too much on it.

Ta Andy

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message [snip]
> > Assuming that I'm in love with both, comfortable on both, and budget is going to covered by a
> > loan (so those extra pennies are not an issue).
>
> This seems to be the new thing...loans for bikes...
>
> > Any other bikes in this genre that I should be looking at?
>
> A Bullit in another color.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Loans for bikes - over here, a top spec Bullit is retailing at over £2.5k Saving is fine, but riding
is better :eek:)

And as for colour, shame to say it, but I do like the colour of the one on their website, but not
seen that exact one in the flesh yet so a bit hesitant.

AndyC wrote in message ...

>"spademan o---[)*" <[email protected]> wrote in message [snip]
>> Turner RFX. Start saving now, its worth it.
>>
>> Steve E.
>>

>Got a link to a review or pics? I've had a quick search, and can't find too much on it.

Looks like Turner are re-designing their website this month, :-( I can give you a review of mine but
everyone would just say 'Sure you'd say that, you paid £xxxx for it!'. Heck it doesn't even have
bombers on the front...

Having owned and ridden a fair number of bikes though I can say that it does exactly what I wanted
it to, which is any-goddam-thing I feel like..

If you're interested I have a pic I could e-mail you directly.

Steve E.

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> AndyC wrote:
[snip]
> Black with silver swingarm? What size are you looking to get?
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

Being 6 foot I'm firmly into the land of large. And considering it'll be doing cross country more
than manic downhill (well never nads out downhill anyhow) then a slightly larger frame is better.
Why got one second hand ? ;o)

Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> AndyC wrote:
>
> > Loans for bikes - over here, a top spec Bullit is retailing at over
£2.5k
> > Saving is fine, but riding is better :eek:)
> >
> > And as for colour, shame to say it, but I do like the colour of the one
on
> > their website, but not seen that exact one in the flesh yet so a bit hesitant.
>
> Black with silver swingarm? What size are you looking to get?

You want to go bright

http://www.bullit.phinair.co.uk/

Just bought it second hand - lovely :)

Russ

Jonathan Harris wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>spademan o---[)* wrote:
>
>> If you're interested I have a pic I could e-mail you directly.
>
>Put it on a website (mine?) - we all want to see it. Apart from possibly Greg...

I actually e-mailed you a couple of days ago to see if you would do just that, I think my e-mail got
sent to spam hell though... so anyway here's a copy:

I don't want to start a precedent or anything, just wanted to ask if you would be interested in
putting a couple a photos of mine on your site a la 'shaun aRe'. Now I know Shaun is a 'special
case' because he has shiny gold and blue bits on his bike, and he does post such lovely comments
about everyone so I don't mind if you haven't got time/webspace etc.

If you think you can sort it out, let me know how to upload the photos...

Cheers,

Steve E.

In article <[email protected]>, AndyC wrote:

> Being 6 foot I'm firmly into the land of large. And considering it'll be doing cross country more
> than manic downhill (well never nads out downhill anyhow) then a slightly larger frame is better.
> Why got one second hand ? ;o)

If you're REALLY doing more XC than DH, you may want to consider the Heckler. It'll be a little more
XC worthy, but Santa Cruz is building them pretty beefy. You'd be able to get through a couple DH
races with that thing. Not QUITE as much travel as the Bullit, though...

JS

--
======================== [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

"spademan o---[)*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| Jonathan Harris wrote in message <[email protected]>...
| >spademan o---[)* wrote:
| >
| >> If you're interested I have a pic I could e-mail you directly.
| >
| >Put it on a website (mine?) - we all want to see it. Apart from possibly Greg...

Should anyone ever need a picture uploading I am willing to do just that as I have some spare space
at present.

Simon

Sorni wrote:

> Bill "and what was that red thing hanging on the wall in pic #2?" S.

Weed-whacker.

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "russell.pinder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > You want to go bright
> >
> > http://www.bullit.phinair.co.uk/
> >
> > Just bought it second hand - lovely :)
>
> I think that's the only dual-crown-forked bike I've ever seen with the
seat
> higher than the handlebar.

It's definately lower at the moment - only just though :) . . . I really need a slightly longer
seat post - Feels real strange after my XC bikes (bars about 3" lower than seat) - proper sit up and
beg position. Goes down great but I do like pedalling up hills too. Did 20 odd miles in the welsh
mountains last week and having the seat slightly too low wasn't doing my knees much good. Don't do
jumps (yet) so no need for low seat. Guess I'll get a quick release fitted to the seatpost clamp.

When I bought it it was all set up as a DH bike complete with single front ring, chain ring device
and 24" rear wheel - I like to think of it more as a freeride bike but in reality it's probably
never going to be more than a good strong comfortable XC bike (read 'freeride wanna be') with me on
board but at least I wont be worried about breaking it every time I go off a drop off like I was
with my lightweight full susser. Should be good for the fitness riding the bullit occasionally too
but it's a second (or third - I've a hardtail too) bike and won't replace my Orange full sus for
longer/faster rides.

> Bill "and what was that red thing hanging on the wall in pic #2?" S.

Accumulated garage junk - strimmer :)

Russ 'always wanted triple clamps'

"russell.pinder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Russ 'always wanted triple clamps'

You've always had 'em now you have two on one fork. Nice Bullit BTW. Crown aka 'triple clamp' Dual
Crown aka 'double triple clamp'

Mike - sorry it's one of my pet peeves. (now git back in yer cage!!!)

Michael Dart wrote:
> "russell.pinder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Russ 'always wanted triple clamps'
>

> You've always had 'em now you have two on one fork. Nice Bullit BTW. Crown aka 'triple clamp' Dual
> Crown aka 'double triple clamp'
>
> Mike - sorry it's one of my pet peeves. (now git back in yer cage!!!)

What the hell are you talking about?