simple & useful cockpit gadget

youhaditcoming

Dec 1, 2004
Hi

To commute i use my MTB, gear's numbers are displayed on the shifters, and i use the same roads everyday. It may sound symplistic but is very easy to see how your legs are going any given day... e.g. somedays you can easily spin a chainring (2) and cog (5) and others day you cannot !!

It could be useful on my road bike... I know Shimano levers + computer offer gear display information on road bikes

Regards
P.S. i do have a HRM and a basic speed/distance computer

youhaditcoming said:
Hi

To commute i use my MTB, gear's numbers are displayed on the shifters, and i use the same roads everyday. It may sound symplistic but is very easy to see how your legs are going any given day... e.g. somedays you can easily spin a chainring (2) and cog (5) and others day you cannot !!

It could be useful on my road bike... I know Shimano levers + computer offer gear display information on road bikes

Regards
P.S. i do have a HRM and a basic speed/distance computer
You could get something like this: http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC307832
But personally I think it would be a lot of bother for something you don't really need. If I want to know what gear I'm in, I just glance down at the cogs. It's not as easy to do on a more upright mountain bike, but in my road bike position, it's quite easy to steal a glance and see how many gears I can count on to prepare for the upcoming hill.